Kabanata 5

Jacket

I immediately looked at Third upon hearing that. "Yeah, you should join me. On the way lang din naman," he said and why does it appear to me they already planned it na talaga. Am I just too assuming?

I turned to my Mom and saw 'that look' on her face. I tsk-ed in my mind. She also mouthed FRIENDS while her mouth is point-kissing Third. I sighed. I think... it's good.. Besides... I need to reconcile my feelings and just be a good friend to him!

I finally nodded as okay. Akala ko aalis na but they discussed a few things so I take time to answer my discussion forums online in advance. When I side-eyed them cleaning their scratches and compiling the papers back in the folder, I fixed myself. Not long enough, Third is reverently marking his thank you then asked goodbye to my parents. The same I did in a sweet manner.

He opened the car for me and I instanly went in. Tumahak siya sa driver seat para sumakay na rin. Here I go again! I can freely smell his mabangong pagkatao. 

I saw how his eyes made sideways after looking at my legs. He coughed a little that's why I feel uncomfortable. Dapat hindi na lang ako nag-shorts if only I know in the first place na rito pala ang ending ko! Pero ano bang masama kung naka- shorts ako! It's mabanas kaya. It's still summer! 

I pulled my short down pero wala pa ring changes dahil talagang shorts nga siya. It was called for that.

I heard Third make a sound. I was addedly nervous. I'm not used to his presence. I don't think I can ever be. It's not helping pa that it's nearly a month since I've felt how's his presence like!

Eventually, I felt Third turned to get something from the back of his car. I was a bit shocked because we came so close to each other when he moved and leaned in. Mas nagulat pa ako when he handed me a.. jacket? Hindi naman malamig... And..  I'm quite used to cold.

I'm literally clueless by his action that I couldn't take the thing he's offering. Nor did my mind have its process due to the sudden approach of his body to mine, the moment he took the jacket from the back seat.

"Cover it," he finally snapped out habang iniiwas ang niya ang gaze niya sa hita ko. That's when I made a move from just staring.

"Oh... Uh...uh..." I'll stutter! What should I say?! What should I say?!

"T... thank you?" My mouth and words feel like a traitor! Why would my tone become a question! Hindi ako makapagsalita nang maayos!  My face is so heated at his sudden behavior!

And my heart! Oh no! I don't want to say anything about it! But... my heart heated also! I feel safe, secure, and protected by him. It feels like so much home that there's nothing I could get afraid of. He's such a genuine gentleman. I knew it, he's so nice inside!

I picked up the jacket in his hand and put it on top of my legs. It smells so good and alluring that I wanted to breathe his jacket all in na hindi ako mapapahiya!  He sighed after that and said something I didn't expect he would actually say.