Kabanata 22

Kiss

"Are you excited for tomorrow? Did you pack your things?"

A month has elapsed since my birthday and you don't notice how long something lasts when it's all enunciating fun. Nothing really changed except that I already moved back to our mansion last month. How funny was that?

What can I do? Mia made me do it.

I was in pain and feeling lonely. Dad got scared I might undergo depression because he knew exactly how far my sentiments could go toward Mia. He and Mom were the intimate witness of how good our friendship was. He's actually the one who insisted on me going back home, especially since Third had to leave the country for a week to run on an important matter in the States. Inisip ni Dad na mas lalo lang akong nalulungkot.

Indeed came out favorable for me, of course. I didn't slip the chance because that's would I want. Pero, it's not the reason for it. I would never let myself indulge in the amount of stress I could get. Because I know that everyone is still here. I still have my other friends here. Madami pa silang nag-ca-care sa akin at kasama na roon si Third. I should focus more on being appreciative of how much still I have than thinking or complaining about what I lost. Nothing will change except for my growth.

It took me a month to move on from the things I get used to with Mia around. Going to the mall, shopping back-to-back, buying books together, watching her cook, and all our usual stuff intensified the pain and longing I was feeling. She was my life partner for years and it's plainly hard to move forward from the things I've already habituated from her. I think I can never move on until Third charged that kind of lack I was feeling inside. I just can imagine his patience looking over for my favorite chocolates and specific kind of snacks para ipasalubong sa 'kin pagkabalik niya galing States. I was slowly coping with the problem, having him as my happy and energy machine.

I just can't ever imagine how would be my life protrude like I was living in sad hell if Third didn't come home from abroad and got the chance to meet him. Dahil sa totoo lang ay hindi ko kakayanin ang day na walang bestfriend. Nandiyan si Via at iba pa... down I know, no one can replace Mia. Mabuti na lang.. he came just in time.

Ipinatong ko sa bagong wooded-pink shelf ang kaka-purchase ko lang na book, bago ko excited na hinarap ang boyfriend ko.

We're going to spend the whole month of the Christmas season in New York. And tomorrow night is our flight. I'm extremely excited as it is going to be my first out of the country with Third.

"Super, duper!" I giggled and ran toward him after placing all the newly purchased books on my shelf. Dinamba ko siya ng embrace at kiss sa cheek pagkalapit ko. He instantly hugged me back while playing with my pony.

"Oh how much I owe you things now..." I mumbled.

Looking back, inisa- isa ko ang hindi niya mabilang na love, pag-tuturo at pag-aalaga sa akin.

Hinigpitan ko ang hug ko sa kaniya. "You trained me well on how to drive and then you helped me get my license. You carried my things from the condo to here... Sobrang dami pa naman ng mga 'yon at so heavy pa... I'm sure you get exhausted... And then you always pick me up at school and have dinner afterward. Hindi nga lagi pero madalas naman... Tapos ang ganda-ganda pa at nakakaiyak ng mga presents mo during our monthsaries. You always make me feel so loved and special. And then this..."