Kabanata 40

Priority

Tinapos lang namin ni Third ang dinner sa loob bago kami naghiwalay ng direction at nagpaalam sa isa't isa. Naulit pa ng dalawang beses ang pagkain sa labas hanggang sa pang- apat na ngayong gabi.

Dinala niya ako sa isang night spot dito sa Phoenix para magkuwentuhan pagkatapos. We were presently laughing as the story of each of us over the years, holding the embarrassing but unforgettable stories were told. It's his story on the hot seat now.

"How could you mistake me in a bar?" I laughed.

He shook his head while still joining the laugh he started.

"And really? You mistook me for your ex... Ugh! I don't even want to say the word!"

"Say it. Fuck buddy," he teased.

"I can't believe you! Give me some decency, please!"

"What? You asked it. And you don't blame me for being a wreck those years. I needed warmth that time," he sensually said.

I made a face. "Oh, so that's what the good boy does? I told you to find a better woman and not to play with them!"

"Easy, girl. I only did that once. Years have passed and I don't get to know any picks about you. I was so drunk, hurt, and hopeless... don't know what I'm doing." He cooly shrugged his shoulder while still giving me a playful smile.

I rolled my eyes. "So tell me. What happened after that? I bet she slapped you," I chuckled.

"Serves me right."

My eyes went wide. "Right? And?"

"She tried to get to my mom, and she successfully did. She wants Mom to scold me so bad."

I have a bad feeling about this. Nangingiti na agad ako sa pagtawa. "Because? Is she..."

"Right. She's apparently a child of one of mom's hundred magnate partners in the field."

I laughed and then the story goes on. I smiled meaningfully after that. 

This. This is what I want to happen to us. I want us to have this memory and piece before totally settling my heart rightfully at peace.

"How's your mother?" I asked after a while of cackling.

Saglit niya akong tiningnan. "She's fine. Still busy in her life... still pouring her all out to the airline. Same.. old her."

I smiled. "I want to see her."

Binalik niya agad ang tingin sa akin. I took a glimpse at his direction before taking my eyes back on the immensity of the dark sky. How romantic there's no any trace of stars. Niyakap ko nalang ang coat na pinahiram ni Third. 

Until Skies Taste the Sun (Lost Series #1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें