22. [DWC - June 2020] Day 12 : Jealous-Jooheon

Jooheon painfully faked a smile as he asked to his younger friend, Changkyun, confirming the buddy's request for his permission. "O-Oh.. a date?"

"Umm.. yeah. I'll be asking Y/N out for a date if you're okay with me doing so," Changkyun said.

"Oh," Jooheon answered, "Sure."

"I mean, just make sure that she's happy, I guess. Don't hurt her," Jooheon said while staring into Changkyun.

If you were there, you could almost sense the sadness in his voice. In the way he says, "sure." It was clear to Jooheon himself that he wasn't exactly prepared to let anyone else date his childhood best friend. You two have been watching each other's back since your moms introduced the two of you to each other. They figured that a 2 year age gap wouldn't be that big of a deal for the two of you. So, for short, since diapers. You two have been taking care of each other since diapers.

You two would be somewhat called inseparable, but it has never turned into something romantic. So, it's safe to say that at the beginning, it was a rather "normal" friendship. Typical, ordinary, down to earth, casual, you name it.

It stayed like that. Two crackheads being besties. And one day, Jooheon decided to introduce the new sense of crackheadity from his 6 'brothers' to you.

And 7 of you blend well. Too well maybe sometimes. But, it wasn't a terrible deal for Jooheon, he was happy to know that to fit in pretty well with the guys. You give them frequent visits and they were actually rather random. You'd visit after classes, or when you're in the mood, or even when you're bored, sometimes even when you're pissed. You'd go to them.

But lately, things kinda went oddly for Jooheon until he finally realizes that he loves you. He always does, but this time, it's a different type of love. The romantic type. He's in love with you.

And of course, he'll try to stay quiet about it. He wouldn't want to damage eighteen years worth of friendship with his feelings. He wouldn't. He couldn't. He figured that it's better to be the shoulder for you to cry on than to be the cause of your shedding tears. It's better to have some of you than none at all.

So, here he is, being the one calling Changkyun to inform him that you're here and ready to go on that date. Being the one watching you laugh, but not the reason why. Being the one sending you out on a date, but not being the one taking you out.

Jealous? Very.

Sulky? Yes.

Disappointed? At himself, very.

He could only be happy for you. Listen to your stories about your dates, about what Kyun did to you are what you did to him. Both emotionally and physically.

He was heartbroken and distressed. He loves you too much to hear updates. But what can he do?

He could only smile it off and enjoy it. Or at least pretend to, enjoy it.

It was probably the only thing he could do to make you happy, even if it hurts him.

----------------------------------

Word count: 528 words

A/N: Hiiiiii! So, here's this week's updates.. I also want to notify u that I'm currently editing one of my fic (HOSTAGE, Jooheon x reader, check it out if u want to!).. So, if you want to check it out, u can check it on my profille! Although, it's still under