46. I'll Say It-Hyungwon

Here you are again. In his car. The inevitable chaos in your house had once again succeeded in making you feel unsafe, uncomfortable, and suffocated. it wasn't a new thing to your course and neither was it for Hyungwon. Of course it's not. He's the one you would call when your house is blowing up.

Hyungwon knew the situation well enough.For your case, being rich and smart and pretty doesn't fix the family problem. And Hyungwon understands that well enough. Enough to empathize.

There isn't much that he could do. He couldn't possibly barge into your house and make an appearance in front of your whole family when yours and his knew each other pretty well through business. But, he could take you out on a midnight drive and to a fast food restaurant near your house to at least think. Or just escape the group of people who are supposedly your 'family' but are shouting at each other.

It wasn't close to civil. It was of course one hell away from peaceful.

But here, you feel secure. Ironically more secure inside a car than a huge family mansion. With him. Who would actually listen to you, with a random song playing and a burger in hand, the backrest being shifted to your liking.

You've been silent since you walked into the car, staring at nothing and let Hyungwon decide where you are going to stop and what you are going to eat. You trust him enough.

"You wanna talk about it" He asked, eyes pinned on you as he hands you your burger.

You sighed, taking it from his hand and turned your head to him. "I'm sorry," you said to him while painfully smiling, hoping that it would be enough to hold in your tears.

"For what?" He asked softly, wanting you to feel comfortable enough to tell him.

"For being such a pain in the ass," you choked out with tears flooding your eyes. Your concerns about being a burden wasn't out of the blue. The fact that he's the only one who's actually willing to listen and stay. And each time you dialed his number, you felt somewhat guilty for giving him pressure on picking you up and saving you. You hung your head low as you felt your tears roll down your cheeks, making wet trails as they drip down from your chin.

He frowned, pitting his burger down. "Hey, it's okay. Come here," he said, gesturing to his lap. You put your burger down close to his before hopping on and sitting on his lap, shifting so that you found your preferred comfortable position in such a small space.

"Don't say that. You're not a pain in the ass," he comfortingly said while wiping your tears with the paws of his hoodie. "You're my friend," he smiled at you.

You softly smile back, leaning on his chest. He snaked his hand around your waist and took his burger, making it easier for him to eat, "Now eat. Don't cry. Don't say that again, too. It hurts me to see you cry."

His hand reached for one of the fries and said, "Here, have a fry. It's better than crying," bringing it to the front of your mouth. You chuckled at his statement, opening your mouth to let him put the fries in.

Picking up your burger, you opened the wrapper and turned on the radio before taking a bite. You then began telling him how the fight started. It was sickening, of course. You couldn't stand sitting in your room while having to listen to yells and screams being thrown at each other.

"Typical," you snickered as you ended your story, now completely slumping over his chest.

"Sometimes I feel like I just don't wanna be here. Don't have to be dead. But, just not here. What's the point of me being here? They're always either busy fighting or busy working. There is no in-between," you said as he listened closely.

You sighed again, "I guess they were partly right."

"About what?"

"Being smart and ruch don't mean shit when you feel like you don't matter. No one really cares, I guess," you said lowly.

"Hey. You matter to me," he said, "Do you want me to say it? I'll say it a hundred times for you."

"Do you mean it?" you asked, playing with your finger nails.

"Of course I do. For all the hundred times," he answered.

Putting your head on his chest, you mumbled, "And I love you for that."

"I know, I get that a lot," he mumbled back with a smug tone.

You rolled your eyes, playfully hitting his chest. "Jerk," you said.

"You love the jerk," he chuckled, hugging you from behind, "and I love you too."

-----

Word count: 799 words

A/N: HI! I'm sorry I'm a bit late on this week's updatesss.. I had a biology test kshdkd

But anws, i hope u enjoyed it, and if u do please click the vote button!! I'll update every two weeks, soo.. see u then!