47. I'm Here Now-Kihyun

It was vivid, yet you're aware of your state. Asleep. Dreaming. Trapped in a nightmare, you could say. Although the setting was rather a huge fancy dining room, the memory was gloomy as you remember how it was.

There you saw your father sitting at a different table with another boy who's probably around your age but is not brother. "He's a newcomer," you thought, but you decided to stay silent and suppress your curiosity.

But then you heard a few sentences slip out from a few of the other mothers beside yours who's sitting to your right. Yours calmly ears while answering the statement of curiosity, and there goes the topic, divorce.

"Oh, how about you? Your boyfriend does it too, doesn't he?" one of them asked.

And your mother, while looking down and avoiding your eye contact, swiftly nodding her head.

"You have a boyfriend? How-"

"You're divorced too, right?" Someone else had asked her. And once again, she nodded. She's divorced and you feel betrayed. "Oh, but don't worry, it hasn't been long, dear. Last year, wasn't it?"

Last year. And so you sat quietly, knowing that your biggest fear comes true here. They split up, and the worst part is that your brother isn't even here. He's nowhere to be found or seen.

You continued to eat unenthusiastically, your hand repulsively bringing your spoon around the plate, making random patterns and circles with the sauce. Your eyes slightly shifted to your father, who's proudly chatting with his "son," new son, apparently. Doesn't even spare you a glance.

You feel so angry, yet too sad to even do anything. You're disappointed in both of them. How irresponsible of them? Really.

Your father then went around to joke, he laughed so happily, yet you looked at him in disgust.

And at this point you were in denial. "No, this can't be true."

Well, it's not completely wrong. It's not true. You're in a state where things just.. sort of happens, not in real life, but it just happens. It's not true, your parents are together as far as you could remember back in your awakened state, but it could be true, apparently and unfortunately.

You're clearly aware that you're in a dream, and you have the option to wake up and end the surreal scenario before your eyes, but really, you would like to know what happens next. It was rather a dilemma. Having to choose between getting out or experiencing and seeing what could have been.

But the options poofed in a blink as someone has picked it out for you. You heard your name being called out and comforting hands shaking your arms, in an attempt to wake you up. "Y/N," you hear Kihyun's voice called out.

You opened your eyes, feeling them wet breathing heavily as you feel your air cycle being cut short and a generous amount of tears streaming down your cheeks. You cried in your sleep. You sat up, hoping that you'll breathe easier, but really, you couldn't hold your tears back. You just cried silently, letting him see the weak side of you.

"What happened?" he soothingly asked, his arms pulling you close to him. You let yourself fall to his chest, your head in the crook of his neck.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked while running his fingers through your locks. You shook your head lightly, giving him his answer, "Okay then. Not today."

He took your hand, playing with it softly. Tracing small circles on your palm as you watched, your breathing calming down. He then eventually pulls you down, leading you to lay on the bed with him, your head on his chest. His hands smoothly petting your head, combing your hair with his fingers, opting to stay awake until you fall asleep.

And after a while, Kihyun's comforting hands succeeded in doing his magic, sending you to a sleeping state. He lightly kissed the top of your head before shortly joining you.

-----

Word count: 669 words

A/N: Hiiii!! I hope everyone's doing well!! Thanku so much for reading!! I hope u enjoyed it. If u did, please click the vote button if u want to, and I'll see u in two weeks!!