26. [30DWC] Day 16 : Poetic-Minhyuk

How should one describe their relationship? It was like a magnet. Opposites attract. He's the bubbly one, the happy vitamin. He sure does talk a lot and just like her, stubborn. He listens to himself the most, and sometimes her too, and his two other hyungs, but mostly, he listens to himself.

She was however the quiet one. Her mind however wasn't so simple. Filled with dreams, him, imaginations, parents, closest friends, and ideas. She was good at hiding her emotions, very good. She doesn't talk that much, she prefers listening to others.

He was like the sun, and she was like the moon, Perfect fitting, like the constellation with the other loved ones as the stars. He shines in public, while she glows to herself and loved ones. He speaks, and she listens.

It was, as portrayed, a perfect fitting.

They, Minhyuk and Y/N, love each other so much. And it wasn't a secret to his friends that he's planning to marry her. All 6 of them knew about it, since he couldn't shut up about his plan.

The plan was to propose to her just like in the movies they usually watch together. Where the guy pulls off something the girl likes and proposes to her.

He definitely knew she fancies being in private so he had rented a whole rooftop just for the two of them somewhere in Seoul. Above the sounds of the busy street and under the light of a thousand stars and the fairy lights. He planned on asking her with the stars and the moon as his witnesses of his love to her and went home with a huge smile after sending the pictures he managed to take to the group chat.

But sadly, he never got to ask the question to her in real life. The stars and moon didn't get their chance to watch a real life romantic movie scene of Lee Minhyuk proposing to Park Y/N. The guys didn't get their post proposal pictures. And none of them get to go to him with a smile on their face.

It was only because she got into a terrible accident that made her lose her life almost instantly. She could only wish that she could give him a proper goodbye and a last "I love you" before leaving so soon.

He was broken of course. Someone he planned on asking to permanently be in the next pages of his life. He was devastated. But he managed to stay strong, comfort her parents, and help with her funeral.

The music label he debuted under with his six other friends gave him some time for him to heal. They gave him roughly one and a half months but he wasn't sure if it's enough. Nonetheless, he accepted that one and a half months.

And today is harshly 3 weeks after her funeral. He missed her of course, but what can he do? Her family had given him access to her apartment unit, in case he missed her and wants to feel like she's around. He could visit her apartment. Her family was well aware Of his intentions and gladly accepted him. Too bad he never got to hear an answer from her. But it's okay. He is sure that she's happy somewhere.

Today feels like one of those days.  Minhyuk misses her so much until he finally decides to pay her apartment a visit.So here he is standing in front of her door while pressing in the code. He then opens the door and gets the sight of her apartment. It was like she never left.

Her TV, sofa, and everything is in the same spot. He then noticed her desk. He pulled the chair and sat on it. A book was set on a table just like that. Her book. He opened it, looking closely at the insides. It truly melts his heart.

Polaroids, movie tickets, sticky notes, carnival tickets. They were all sticked in there, building the title "scrapbook". Her poems were written all over. Filling the blank spaces.

"Is this a dream?

Might have think it's a fantasy

Cause you took me

On a trip to cloud 9

And we never came back"

            He silently read as his lips trembled, fighting the tears.

"I don't share

So please give me a break

And don't take him away from me

Cause I can't promise you a life if you do"

"I could write a thousand romantic scenarios of us together in la la land.

But I know my imagination's strong enough to imagine another billion"

"It's temporary"

"For another sunset session

I'll wait for you"

"The navy skies are up in five minutes

But I could only hope that

Your arms are wrapped around me"

A single teardrop fell on the thin material. Minhyuk couldn't hold back his tears anymore. He too, could only wish that he could wrap his arms around her while watching the sunset, even if it's for the very last time. But he can't.

Because she's gone. And he loved her too much to accept that.

-----

Word count: 849 words

A/N: Hii!! how are yall? I hope ur doing great. Even though it's monday.

Oh and, HAPPY BDAY WONHO!! Ily💕

Ok anw, here's this week's updates, I hope u enjoyed it and don't forget to leave a vote and comment if u want to. Thankuu !