48. Paint Me-Minhyuk

The clacking sounds that your black boot's heels made under the collaboration between them and the paved sidewalk was somewhat audible. It was your day off, yet you decided to dress cutely nevertheless. "And where to?" someone might just ask.

A new cafe just opened up near your place. For the looks of it, the place looks comfy and suitable to your taste. Not having that many visitors, but enough to make the place alive. Plus, they had a rather unique way of attracting people. Not only will they give you what you've ordered, they'll also lend you a watercolor set, along with the papers for free to allow you to boundlessly create as you fill your tummy with pillow-fluffy pancakes and aesthetically pleasing beverages.

And of course, as predicted, you decided to give it a visit, looking forward to what they have to offer.

The mini bell rang as you pushed the door open, letting them who're inside before you were, know about the newcomer. Observing your surroundings, you already loved how it looks. The place isn't too bright, but it's not very dark either. The clean white walls and the adequate amount of windows placed did a great job in collaborating on giving the place a comfortable lighting.

You then looked around once again, eyes searching for a vacant seat. Taking your pick, you sauntered over to the one by the window, providing you a decent view of what's happening  outside and giving the outside world a glimpse of your facade.

Oh, if only you knew.

Even him, Minhyuk, who had sat there with a few of his friends for a good 30 minutes before you came in, easily caught the image of your semblance. His eyes, going against his better judgement, decided to play an unrequited staring contest with you.

It would be somewhat creepy for someone to stare at another who they would give "stranger" as a title. But thank heavens you're pretty oblivious today. Just today.

Moments passed by and soon a plate of fluffy pancakes, a glass of matcha latte were sitting in-front of you along with the watercolor set. So far, this cafe was giving you extra happiness each minute you spent here. You might just add this place to your imaginary happy place list.

You lightly smiled as you took a mini piece of the honey drizzled pancakes and stuffed them in your mouth. Satisfied with how it tastes, you absentmindedly nodded, giving the pancakes a look of approval.

You then set the plate aside, feeling rather excited with what's coming up next. Your hands gently pull the tray, with the watercolor set, closer to you, who's anticipating. You were just quietly feeling excited, who would judge you? Who could?

No one could. Not even Minhyuk. He observed every of your moves. The way you cutely munch your pancakes, when you look around, searching for inspiration and your eyes pausing on the single flower positioned in where it normally belongs, a vase that is. He watched as you rested your chin on your palm as you let your other hand do the work. He finds it appealing.

And even then, his hand picks up one of the empty paper and brushes. His hands started to perform as his mind tried to operate in two different ways. His eyes occasionally shift to you and his ears and mouth trying their best to keep up with the conversation that's brewing on the table.

While you worked on the calm colors of the flower, he works on the colors of you and the unspecified details of your facade. How you sit, and how your natural curls gracefully falls on your shoulders. To you, maybe the flower in front of you was fairly enough to be an archetype for your art today. But to him, you're the one he chose to recreate on his piece of paper. His single flower.

Moments went by, and soon, you were torn between finishing your pancakes and finishing your piece of art. Feeding yourself the last piece of pancake, your hand moved to search for a pen to sign it. While Minhyuk, he was finishing up. Using extra water to brush off any unwanted colors that went out of line, occasionally backing his face away to check on it's sense of proportionality when seen from afar. He was long gone from the conversation, naturally speaking less as his hands were busy.

After an eternity, Minhyuk finally lifts up his head, asking his friends if any of them has a pen.

"What for?" one of his company, Kihyun, asked as his hands rummaged around his pocket.

"Nothing important."

"The girl's nothing important?" a younger one, Changkyun, asked.

"What girl?"

"Minhyuk hyung drew a girl!"

"Shush!" he exclaimed to his friends as he defeatedly placed his piece in the centre of the table. "No touching!"

Taking Kihyun's pen to sign the paper, he looked at it, satisfied. The others were still exchanging whispers and thoughts  about the piece but Minhyuk paid them no mind, letting their eyes wander around the room to search for the girl. You, that is.

It wasn't that hard spotting you. The natural light gleams on your figure, as if it took the job of being your personal spotlight.

"Beautiful," he thought.

And after a while, the pack weren't planning on staying any longer. All of them went up to the cashier to split their pays. They were then bickering about the bill, but Minhyuk paid them no mind, letting them deal with their own accords, taking whatever's the final deal, opting to observe your physique whilst he can instead.

Moments later, they stopped. "This is unusual. They usually would go back and forth. Why are they so fast about this thing now?" he thought. And for once, he hoped for a longer drama between his brothers, for just 5 more minutes of course. He then reluctantly took out some cash and placed it on the counter, along with the others.

His pack then excited after thanking the worker, proceeding to walk out. He waited for them to go ahead before facing the worker.

"Sorry, will you please give this to her? I need to go, so please do it for me. Thank You so much."

His instructions were clear and simple. Easy to follow. What comes after this will only be birthed by his luck and hopes.

Oh yes, he could only hope you actually searched his instagram user, which was provided on the piece of art. And he could only wish for you to dial in his numbers and help him by making a move.

He could only with th-..

He could only wish.

-----

Word count: 1118 words

A/N: Hello!! I'm sorry for the late update!! Bu there it is! I hope you enjoyed it! Have a nice week!