14. [30DWC - June 2020] Day 4 : Horizon-Minhyuk

Your eyes shot open as you woke up from your sleep. Looking around you realized that it's still quite dark. You glanced at your watch and realized that it's 3:24 a.m. You shifted your position and closed your eyes, hoping to wake up sometime later when it's brighter. But the way you see it, sleep isn't coming back to you at all.

And so, you gave up. You got out of bed and unplugged your phone.

Somehow you felt like the huge curtain-cover window near your bed was inviting you to take a peek. You stepped closer to the wall of glass that's separating you from the outside world and pushed away the curtain, allowing you to see what's outside.

Jeju island, beautiful as always. The sun wasn't showing itself yet, but still, beautiful.

Since you couldn't go back to your sleeping state, you decided to walk downstairs with your phone in your hand. You flopped on the sofa and the window, your favorite window in the villa. It lets your eyes explore the view of a beach from a relatively far distance. Well, the beach is actually just across the villa, but still, for you, it's a pretty safe distance. Not too far, and not too close.

You sighed, trying to endure the moment of being alone, the silence and everything. Going on a trip to Jeju with 7 guys is surely not going to be the quietest trip, but you couldn't say no when one of them texted to invite you.

The faint sounds of splashes were heard from the room and it was quite relaxing.

"Hey," you heard a voice say, making you turn your head to see who it is. Minhyuk.

"Why are you up this hour?" he asked, while walking to the fridge.

"I don't know. I just couldn't go back to sleep," you answered, glancing at the ocean. You then looked at him, "Why are you awake?"

"Hmm.. I just woke up. It was pretty sudden. And so, I decided to go downstairs. Maybe to watch the sunrise," he said, walking over to sit beside you.

"Well, since you're awake why don't we go to the beach and watch the sunrise together?" he asked.

Considering the whole situation, you stayed silent. It's almost 4, so the guys aren't going to be up for another 4 or 5 hours. So, spending half of the remaining time you get to relax to go to the beach wouldn't hurt.

"Hmm.. okay," you answered.

And so, the two of you head out after slipping on your flip flops and grabbing your phones. You two walked out on your flip flops and grabbed your phones. You two walked out quietly, not wanting to wake the rest up.

You both walked along the beach quietly. No words were shared between the two of you, but the air wasn't awkward. It was more natural, you could say.

You then suggested to Minhyuk to sit on the sand and watch the sunrise from there together. Minhyuk impulsively agreed and so, the two of you sat on your own sandals next to each other, watching the horizon.

What you didn't expect was the cold air that's still tingling. Your sweatshirt was doing a great job. However, your shorts weren't so great. Minhyuk noticed and so he took off his jacket and draped it on your legs, "You must be cold," he said. You thanked him and shifted your eyes back to the natural pool before you. You suddenly leaned your head on his shoulder, your eyes still locked on the amazing view in -front of you.

"Is this okay?" you asked.

"Yeah," he answered, wrapping an arm around you to keep you warm.

And so, as how you planned to spend the morning, you two stared at the view in-front of you. The sun rolled up higher to the sky, making his first appearance by breaking out from the water and passing the horizon.

Minhyuk managed to pull out his phone and took a couple of pictures of the beautiful sight in-front of him. He then flipped the camera, causing his facade and yours to appear on the screen. He smiled and you followed, since it's pretty clear that he's gonna take a selca. He pressed on the button several times before taking a look at the pictures.

You then noticed that the sun is fully up now, and it's getting hot.

"Shouldn't we head back now?" you asked. The guys would probably wake up in a few minutes. Or at least one of them."

"Uhm, sure," he said.

And so you two stood up, brushing off any access sand that sticks to your skin before walking back to the shared villa. You both entered and saw the living room being empty, or so you thought.

"Where have you two been?" you heard, you're guessing, Kihyun's voice from an opposite direction, specifically the kitchen. You both turned your heads and saw Kihyun cooking breakfast and Changkyun seated at the dining table.

"Nowhere interesting," you said.

"We were just watching the sunrise," Minhyuk continued.

Changkyun asked, "Are yo-"

"You know, I'm just gonna go and shower," you said, cutting him before he could ask another question. You then walked up the stairs, leaving the two slightly older guys to make possibilities and scenarios in their heads, wondering what could be happening between the two of you, when you were just cuddling the two of you were just cuddling on the beach with no actual context.

---------------

Word count: 921 words

A/N: I'm sorry I'm late!!! But, it's finals week so I hope everyone can go through it well!!! Thanku for reading as usual!! Don't forget to vote and share if u want to!! Thanku uwu. Have a great week!