45. Your Lies Last December-Wonho

"You know, I remember once you told me that you'd be sad if I were gone. Those exact words just came out of your mouth when we were slow dancing near the christmas tree. It was a  few days away from the day that I would fly back to Germany for college.

But was it all really just lies?

When we kissed underneath the mistletoe?

When you hugged me from behind when we were having that winter cuddling session?

How about when you said sorry when I was upset because you threw a snowball which landed on my face without precautions?

Or that time when we decorated the living room together?

Back to the first statement. You told me that you'd be sad if I were gone. But now look,"

A single teardrop fell onto the page as you stopped writing. The pressure was just too big for you to handle.

It wasn't an easy thing to deal with. Heartbreaks aren't an easy thing to deal with. Sure, you can always act like you're fine, but, not gonna lie, that it can be really exhausting sometimes.

As said, heartbreaks aren't an easy thing to deal with, especially when you had expectations for a certain moment. And, that's exactly what happened today.

You had planned about surprising Wonho, your boyfriend, by being home earlier than the dates you told him. You were calm, in a good mood, and loving life as you walked out of your apartment unit the next day you got home here to Seoul.

And before anything, you figured that you needed coffee. It was early after all, and you missed the signature taste of the salted caramel drink by one of your favorite cafés near your apartment.

The place itse;f is pretty decent. The interiors are vintage and has a little modern touch to it, just how you like it. You could even see the insides of it from the outside world. You always loved the mood there. It's your happy place.

But, imagine seeing who you thought was the love of your life kissing some random girl's knuckles who's sitting across him in your happy place. You were taken aback by the view in-front of you.

You froze there, standing on the sidewalk while your breaths get heavier as you couldn't believe your eyes. You knew his family well enough to say that she's not one of his cousins or niece. So, "What the fuck?" you thought to yourself.

Wonho, who was smiling at the girl in-front of her while holding her hands, then spotted you. He probably felt being watched from afar, and as a normal human response, he searched for his audience. His eyes looked outside, meaning to spot his stalker, only to spot you, standing there, and staring at him in disbelief.

The smile on his face quickly fades as he sees you. You then quickly turn around and about to go outside and approach you. The girl looks upset to see you but that wasn't it what you're focused on.

You were focused on fighting back the tears that are threatened to fall as you start to walk away. You could feel your heart shattered inside you as you heard him call out your name while following you behind.

"Y/N! Please wait," he said, half-yelling while approaching you.

You continued walking, choosing to ignore him with the hope of him stopping, but he didn't. Instead, you felt him grab you by your right wrist which made you stop your tracks and forced you to face him.

"Just, let me go," you lowly say as you tug your wrist away from him. But, of course, he's still way stronger than you. You sighed as you felt a tear roll down your cheek.

"Can't you just let me explain?" he pleaded, "Please?"

"Please, Y/N," his voice trembled as you kept tugging your hands weakly and letting tears decorate your cheeks.

You then turned your head, looking at him with disappointment clearly smeared all over your eyes. "How long?" you managed to choke out while letting your tears glide.

He hesitated to answer, "Y/N-"

"How long?" you asked again in a more stern voice.

He sighed, "Five months."

You were lost for words after hearing his answer. "F-five months."

"Y/N, please let me explain," he pleaded as he gently tugged your wrist.

You were speechless. For five months the two of you have been calling and texting each other as usual and he acted like nothing happened during those times. How could he?

You closed your eyes, letting the tears that pooled slide across your face, making your cheeks wetter. Seeing you cry silently made him feel guiltier. "Y/N, please, if you could just-"

"Stop," you cut him off, "I'm sorry. I just-"

"For more than 5 months we called and texted. You pretended like everything's normal. Don't you feel guilty?" you asked him as your lips trembled. "You must've lied a lot, didn't you? How could you?"

"Y/N, no. Please, just- Just listen to me," he said, begging for a chance which he knew that you're not a big fan of.

"Stop. just leave me alone," you said, "I don't wanna see you."

Your statement broke his heart. He could almost feel the small pieces of his heart being shattered all over the place. "Did she really  mean that?" he thought.

"Y/N-ah," he called out as he let out sobs. He then peacefully pulled you into his arms, but you didn't react. You didn't fight back. You didn't hug him back.

"Let me go," you said.

"Please don't leave me," he said, holding his tears back but failing. Your hand then reached out softly pushing him away, and he obliged.

"We're done here," you said to him, emotionless, "I hope you're happy with her. And I hope you can do better next time."

After the downhearting declaration, you turned on your heel, facing away from him and walking away, to your apartment, leaving him in the streets alone.

You couldn't help feeling guilty being the one leaving him. But you had to. He had started this. He should've thought about the consequences before.

"Y/N-ah. Please don't leave me," Wonho managed to say as he felt tears gliding across his cheeks.

Being a guy who's crying in the middle of the crowded street of Seoul could be such an embarrassment, but he couldn't care less. He had lost you.

"Please forgive me."

-----

Word count: 1077 words

A/N: hii! I'm so sorry that I've been running late on updates.. but.. i just wanna say.. per this month, I'll be only updating twice a month!! I'm sorry, but I have to☹️..

Anws, thankyou so much for reading.. i hope you enjoyed it.. please vote and comment if u enjoyed it, and see you in two weeks <3