41. Quarantine-Jooheon

It was the nth day of quarantine and you were deadass bored in your shared apartment. It honestly wasn't like you're trying to slack off from your usual activities. It's just that being stuck in the same 1000 square feet everyday is getting repetitive, and even though you are a one introverted individual, things can get boring sometimes.

All there is in your to-do list everyday were, "read, write, workout, duolingo, dance," and sometimes other things too. But most of the time, it's just those five.

Thankfully, you have someone to share it with. It was your roommate slash boyfriend, Lee Jooheon.

He's someone you call, "Oppa," and you're someone he calls, "Jagi."

And so, here you are, sitting on the bed with your laptop on your lap, scrolling through netflix, while waiting for your boyfriend to enter the room with popcorn and drinks.

"Have you figured out on what to watch today?" Jooheon asked while walking into the room with full hands.

"I don't know. Why don't you pick this time? I picked one last night. So, it's actually your turn," you said to him.

"Okay, I'll pick," he answered you after putting down the popcorn on the bed.

You then hand him the laptop as he climbed on the bed beside you to cuddle you. He then started scrolling on the home section. Your eyes watch as Jooheon scrolls through the option.

"How about this one?" he then asked, while pulling up the info of the movie.

"White chicks," you silently read.

You were well-aware of the motion picture that he's showing. As in you've watched that movie a few times as a comedic relief. Sometimes even with Jooheon.

And so, you answered, "Sure."

Hearing your response, he then smiled and pressed the play button. You buried your head in his chest while keeping an eye on the screen as you let yourself relax. But after 16 seconds, your phone rang, making you sigh. Jooheon then paused the movie. You glanced at your phone to see who's calling.

"엄마"

A second after you saw the caller ID, you knew you had to pick up. So, you tell him, "Wait for me, okay?"

He nodded. You then get off of the bed and tap on the green icon.

"Yeoboseyo?" you said.

"Oh.. Y/N. Are you in the middle of something?" your mom asked you.

"Umm.. No, not really. Why?"

"Uhh.. Sweetie, your dad is sick."

"Huh?"

"Yeah.. I thought that you should know. But, please don't worry. I'm pretty sure he didn't catch that virus. He barely gets out of the house," she said.

"Oh.. okay, do you need anything?"

"No, honey. Give me updates okay?" you said.

"Oh, okay. Give me updates okay?" you said.

"Okay, bye," she said before finally hanging up.

It would be a huge lie if you say that you're not worried. Especially when he's 54 years old. And also, you're an amazing overthinker.

You sighed and tried to shrug it off. But it's still there. You're worried and you couldn't entirely hide it. Plus, this is one of your parents we're talking about. You can't possibly act like it's nothing. You then walked back into the room with a bothered expression. Not that you're trying to show it. It's just that you can't help it.

You entered the room and saw Jooheon on his phone while waiting for you.

He noticed you walking in, and so he puts down his phone. "Is everything alright?" he asked.

You then walked up to him, and climbed on your spot. "That was my mom, she told me that my dad's sick," you said with a worried tone.

"Aw.. that sucks. What else did he say?" he asked.

"She told me not to worry. And that, it might not be the virus," you said.

"Okay. So, what do you think about this whole thing?" he asked.

"What do you mean, what do I think?" you asked back.

"How do you think your father would end up?" he clarifies his question.

You then hesitantly answer, "I- I think he'll be fine. He's strong. He'll recover."

"See? Now, do you think that your dad would love it if you just watch a movie and not worry?" he asked.

"Yeah, he'd love that," you answered.

"Then should we start watching one?" he asked.

You then faked a smile and said, "Yeah," as you went back to the cuddly position you were in. Jooheon then started the movie and wrapped his arms around you.

You both stared at the screen. As you noticed Jooheon being pretty invested in the movie, your smile disappeared as one hundred and one possibilities popped up in your mind.

No matter how hard you try to focus on the movie, another thought will keep you preoccupied.

Of course Jooheon noticed. You didn't laugh at the crappy jokes or the stupid details that exist in the movies like you usually do. You didn't finish the snacks. You didn't even touch one of them. And after what felt like a minute, the movie ended. Jooheon then closed the laptop and set aside the snacks, while you stayed put and stared at nothing.

"Babe?"

"Hmm?"

"You okay?" he asked.

"Mhm..," you answered.

He then wrapped his arms around you. "Hey... I know you're still worrying about him. But, I bet he wouldn't want you to worry. Just, trust me, if we heard anything terrible from your mom, we'll go there together. Okay?"

He pecked your lips and pulled you closer to his chest, giving you the ability to hear his heartbeat.

He then pulled you down to lay on the bed with him in his arms. "Just sleep on it okay?"

He kissed your forehead one last time before closing his eyes. You snuggled closer and soon drift away to dreamland with him.

-----

Word count: 976 words

A/N: Thanku for reading!! I hope u enjoyed it, and don't forget to vote and comment!

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday SHOWNUUUU

 Happy Belated Birthday SHOWNUUUU