5. Instagram-Shownu

Well, today's his birthday

You got him this present that you're excited to give to him. It was 6:30 in the morning and you've just arrived. You set your bag on your chair and pulled out a blue themed box with a rectangular note stuck on it that says, "Happy birthday! -Y/N."

It was a great morning so far, you started having this cheery feeling as you approached his class with his gift in your hands.

You then took a peek inside and found him chatting with two other guys who you recognized as Wonho and Kihyun. You were honestly hoping for him to be alone, but "whatever," you thought.

You took a deep breath and exhaled. You then sauntered over to him with a relatively bright smile.

Your aura was spread almost everywhere around them which caught their attention and made them turn their heads.

"Happy Birthday!" you said in a cheery tone as you handed him his gift. And without hearing what he has to say, you're rushed out of that room out of shyness and head to your classroom.

As you sat down, you noticed that one of your close friends had just arrived. She, Solar, then walked over to you and sat on the vacant seat beside you.

"Hey, what've you been doing?" she asked.

You smiled, "Well..."

"What did you do?" She asked.

"Well, today's Shownu oppa's birthday, so I bought him something," you replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"And why would you do that?"

You sighed, "Isn't it clear? I have a crush on him. Unnie, were you even listening when I told you shits?"

"Yah! Of course I listened. It's just pretty weird. I mean, we're just sixth graders who managed to survive school. Don't you think it's a bit too extra to give a guy you have a crush on a gift? It would seem desperate."

You then said, "Welp, I did what I did. And I didn't regret it."

And right when you ended your statement the bell rang which indicates that class is starting.

"You do you, I guess," she said before walking off to her seat.

You then smiled as you remembered the one thing you did before school even started, thinking that this is gonna be one great day.

***

It has been a few days since his birthday and you chatted him once through Instagram.

Right. Instagram.

Instagram has been a great lifesaver to your mind, body, and soul. Not to be dramatic, but whenever you're not in school and you missed him, you would go to his account and look at his posts.

Solar once asked, "Why do you even like him?"

And you not so simply explained.

First of all, he has this cute eye smile. Second of all, he is smart, like, really smart. Not to mention, he's super calm, and mature.

You feel like he would make a great boyfriend.

And not surprisingly, Solar unnie rolls her eyes at your cockiness. But you didn't care about it, why would you?

You then slides to his Instagram account only to see three words.

"No Posts Yet."

What the hell?