4. His Condolences-Minhyuk

Y/N's POV

I stepped inside my house as my mom followed me from behind. The gloomy air filled the house as we both realized that none of us would hear his weird dad jokes, or his old advice that he came up with ever again.

I walked upstairs and to my bedroom. I then closed the door and took off my heels. We just came back from his funeral. I then leaned on my closed bedroom door.

I just don't get it. Why now? Why him? I didn't even get to say goodbye to him.

My eyes scanned the whole room. Pictures of him and mom , his books that I never return, his glasses that I borrowed, and finally, his jacket that I stole from his room.

I bet he knows that I took it from his room, but he never made such a big deal about it, because he knew I love wearing oversized things.

I then grabbed the jacket and walked to my bed. Without even bothering to clean my makeup or changing my outfit, I hugged his 3XL size, fluffy jacket and fell asleep with dried up tears on my cheeks.

Minhyuk's POV

I panted as I sat on the floor, leaning on the mirror. It's been three days since Y/N's dad's funeral, and it's been three days since I've heard anything from or about her.

I'm honestly concerned about her wellbeing but I figured she probably just needs time and space. She just lost her father whom, I know, she loves so much.

Now, I'm currently in a dance practice with the other members. They were at the funeral too and they're close to Y/N too, but I guess I'm the one who's most familiar with her family.

Shownu hyung decided to give us each an hour break. And so, as I said, I'm sitting on the floor, leaning on the mirror while trying to catch my breath with Kihyun and Jooheon beside me, both preoccupied with their phones.

I then felt my phone vibrate and so I decided to check it out.

"Sun Hee-Young"

Y/N's mother. That's weird. I then picked up the phone and said, "Annyeonghaseyo ajumma*."

She then greeted me back before telling me why she called. She informed me that Y/N hasn't walked out from her room for 3 days, since the funeral. She refused to eat, drink, or go to the bathroom for 3 days straight. Her mother is seriously worried about her but she doesn't know what to do so she called me. After hearing her explanation, I quickly said, "Ah, I see. I'll be on my way there," before finally hanging up.

The other members shifted their eyes to me as they heard my last sentence. Shownu then said, "What's up?"

I then quickly said, "It was Y/N's mom. I'm gonna have to go. I'm sorry, I'll explain later," as I packed my stuff and rushed to my car. I then drove as fast as I could to Y/N's house.

***

I knocked at the door as I impatiently tapped my foot. Finally, the door opened and revealed Sun ajumma. She quickly said, "Her bedroom, upstairs."

I then hurried myself and ran upstairs to her room.

My hands then slowly twisted the door knob and slowly opened the door. I then took a peek inside and called her name, "Y/N-ah."

She didn't respond. I then walked into the room and closed the door. I hesitantly approached her.

Thank God she's breathing. She's sleeping. I then crouched and had my face a few inches from her. I scanned her whole body and noticed that nothing changed.

She's still in the same black dress from three days ago, she still has the same hairstyle from the funeral, and I'm guessing she didn't remove her makeup at all because I can see dark mascara trails on her cheeks and a dark mascara stain underneath her eyes. Oh, Y/N. What did you do to yourself?

I lastly noticed that her arms are hugging a huge jacket which I'm guessing belongs to her father.

I then called her name softly while shaking her arms a little bit. Her eyes then weakly started opening. Her pale skin completes her look to become lifeless.

I then remembered that her mother said that she hasn't eaten, drank, or walked in the past 3 day. So, I reached for an unopened water bottle on her desk and helped her to sit up. She looks fragile and broken, unlike how she usually looks, cheerful and talkative.

When I got her to sit up, I opened the water bottle and helped her drink up. At least, she looked a bit fresher than before. And after a few moments, I'm done helping her eat and get herself cleaned up. Now, she looks a bit more human, wearing a pair of shorts and an oversized hoodie of mine.

She sat on the bed and leaned on the wall. I then noticed that she's staring at nothing, and so I sat next to her, leaning on the wall too.

I then started to talk, "Why did you do that? You know, your mom was worried, but she didn't know what to do. So, she called me. I was at practice, but then went here because I was worried. Please don't do that ever again. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to relate to how it would feel like to lose someone you deeply love, but, just please try to be happy. Think about it. Your dad would really want you to be happy, even without him."

And with that, I stopped as I felt something rested on my shoulder. I shifted my face to my shoulder and saw her head on it. She leaned on my shoulder with her eyes closed.

I wrapped my arms around her as I lay her down on the bed. I laid beside her and brought up the blanket to cover us both. I took a look at her face for one last time before closing my eyes and drifted to sleep.

---------------------------------------

Word count : 1026 words
A/N : HELLO FELLOW HOOMANS.. Thanku for reading.. and MBBS HAPPY BELATED BDAY.. Let's keep supporting each other.. UWU.. leave a vote and comment if u want to!! Byee!!