34. [30DWC] Day 24 : Hero-Shownu

Lunch. The one good thing that happens everyday is having a lunch break. Who doesn't love lunch breaks? Everybody loves lunch breaks and you're included in everybody.

Since you're working in an office environment, everything was always hectic in their own ways. Deadlines, meetings, and everything else was on the list. So, when it comes to spending their lunch breaks, they used it wisely.

You usually spend it with one or two people, keeping the circle small enough for you to recharge. And usually, Hyunwoo is always spending lunch time with you. His reason was more or less the same, and it's so that he can peacefully eat and talk occasionally.

And so, the two of you were basically lunch buddies. The dynamic duo of lunch. The office was fully aware of the two of you always going out together and they're lowkey shipping you and Hyunwoo, but the two of you paid no mind to it and kept going out to get lunch together. You both knew better than letting hearsays ruin your friendship.

Today, the two of you agreed on going to the new sandwich bar near the office. It's just a few minutes away from the office so the two of you decided that it wasn't a terrible idea to try it out.

It is now 11:52, a few minutes away from lunch, you then finish up your work for the first half of the day. Typing away the numbers and calculating profits. And finally, after a few moments, you're done with it. You glanced at the mini clock that you placed on your desk. Just in time! You finished right at 12:00.

You then saved the document and turned off your computer. You took your handbag in your hand and walked over to Hyunwoo's desk.

"Hey," you said, gaining his attention.

He turned his head to you then back to his computer screen. "Oh, Y/N. Um.. I think I'm gonna have to finish this for a bit. Do you maybe wanna go ahead? I'll catch up with you."

"Oh okay. I'll save us a table," you said before walking to the elevator and entering it. As you walked out to the building, you noticed the busy city ahead of you. Probably because it's lunch time, people would go out and find something to eat.

You then walked to the sandwich place that you wished to try, after a few lefts and rights, you finally found it. The street where the sandwich bar took place. You just need to go straight ahead and you're there.

And so, you start walking straight.

"Hey," you heard someone behind you, complemented with the sound of footsteps. You ignored it, walking a little bit faster.

"Baby, stop walking," you heard him say again.

If anything, you just want to arrive at that sandwich place right now or have Hyunwoo walk with you. So, of course you fasten your pace but before anything, you felt someone grab your wrist from behind. You tried yanking your hand away from his but it was clear that he's much stronger than you. He pulled you closer, making you yell out for help, but people just passed by and gave you apologetic frowns. He then dragged you into an alley while you're trying to get him off.

"Stop fighting, would you?" he said, slightly yelling.

You could only freeze, thinking of what you should do in the middle of such a situation. You then tried to push him off but he grabbed the two of your wrists and pinned you to the wall.

You shut your eyes, as you brainstormed on what to do.

"HEY ASSHOLE!" you heard a familiar voice yell out at the end of the alley.

You looked at the figure who's now walking closer to you. It's Hyunwoo! And after a few steps, he threw a punch at the man's face, making him stumble back while holding the side of his face.

"Run when you can," you heard him say as he pulled you behind him. The man then stood up, glaring at us before stumbling to the other end of the alley. You let out a traumatized and shaky breath as you heard the man walk away.

Hyunwoo then turns around to face you. "Y/N, are you okay?"

You nodded. Not wanting to look like you're so affected by it, you grabbed his wrist and said shakily, "Let's eat." You could feel your knees being shaky. You're shocked that's for sure.

He then holds your wrist, making you stop walking. "Don't lie."

He pulls you closer, into a hug, soothingly rubs your back. "I should've gone with you."

You'd be lying if you said that his gesture didn't help you relieve your shock. Your breathing then becomes steadier as he helps you calm down, still pulling you in the hug, letting you take in his scent.

He pulls away as he feels you calmed down. "Feel better?"

"Yes, actually. Thank You," you said with a small smile.

"That's great. Let's eat then," he said, holding your hand as you two continued the journey to the sandwich place.

-----

Word count: 856 words

A/N: HI!! Ok so, I'm back and I'm not late this time uwuuu!!

So yess, here u goo.. I hope enjoyed this onee, andd, uhm, yeaaa well, leave a vote and comment if u want to! Hehe thanku bye2 omo