44. Gwangju Oppa-Minhyuk

You sighed as you let down your luggage to the floor. A business trip to Japan isn't very exhausting. Dealing with people is. You just got back from Japan to attend a meeting. The company you worked for had sent you to Japan to attend the meeting and take a look at the office.

Things were under control over there, which allows you to be home early.

So, here you are, standing in the middle of Incheon while taking a look at your phone. You're planning on asking your brother to pick you up. But then you thought, "nevermind, he might be busy."

And so, your mind contemplated if you should call a friend or hail a cab for a ride home. You were thinking hard but then your thoughts and movements froze as you felt a pair of arms hugged you from behind.

"Hi, dummy. I've missed you," you heard the male said behind you, still hugging you from behind with his face buried into your straight long hair.

Your hands then reached for his and tried to pull them off of you, "Uhh.. I'm sorry, but I think you hugged the wrong person."

The guy then quickly lets go of you, "Oh God, I'm so sorry."

You turned around to see him and your facial expression changed as soon as you recognized him. It's Minhyuk! Your childhood bestie from when you were still in Gwangju.

"Oppa!" you cheered.

"Y/N?" he confirmed.

You nodded yes as you smiled widely. He then pulls you in for a proper hug. Such a Minhyuk thing to do. It's cute.

"I'm so sorry. I thought you were my sister," he said as he pulled away while chuckling.

You laughed, "It's fine, really. How are you though?"

"I'm great actually. I moved here to Seoul just a year after you. Too bad we lost contact," he said.

It's true. When you were in Gwangju, you were super close with Minhyuk. Him being a few years older than you is great. He used to take care  of you a lot, and in result, the two of you become close.

But sadly, your family decided to move to Seoul for business purposes. And you were just kids back then, with no phones. The two of you automatically lost contact with each other.

It is magical how the world works. 16 years ago, you played cat and mouse with him and today he finds you in an airport.

You remembered the goodbye episode. Minhyuk asked you to be the mouse and he'll be the cat. And in the middle of you hiding, your parents offered to help you win by getting in the car. You happily sneaked into the car and let your parents drive away. You were cheery, knowing you're gonna win the game. Your parents masked their frowns with a laugh. They had to lie to have the easy way of parting you from Minhyuk.

After a few hours in the car, you realized that Minhyuk'll never find you if you're this far. In fact, you realized how he and your parents conspired to do this whole thing. You didn't blame him. You couldn't. But you just wanted to see him again. You didn't stop crying until the next day. And you only stopped because you had to go to your new school.

After everything, here the two of you found each other again.

You two then talked and caught up while sitting in a nearby cafe. You were, at first, concerned, remembering that he hasn't met his sister yet, but then he assured you that it'll be fine and that he had informed her about his whereabouts. You were glad to hear that.

"Next time, I'll be the cat," you told him as you sipped your coffee, "you sucked at being the cat. It took you 16 years to find me."

He chuckled, "Yah! I had to, I didn't have any other choice. If I didn't do that and said goodbye properly, it'd be harder for your parents."

"You've made your point, I guess," you said, sipping your coffee.

He then stopped laughing, "Look, Y/N, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I know that it wasn't a very great thing to lie to you like that. And you might feel betrayed," he paused. He was about to continue his apology speech when you started talking, not wanting to hear the end of his sayings, because you know that it'll be sad and everything.

"Oppa," you said, not allowing him to continue. "It wasn't completely your fault. So, it's okay. I get it. Besides, the reason is pretty understandable. I was a kid, and I stick to people."

He chuckled at your choice of words.

"So, it's fine really," you said sipping your coffee again.

"Sure, I was hurt. But, it's nothing I couldn't handle," you continued.

He smiles, "Well, I'm glad. I'm still sorry though. And the one thing that we will have to do is keep in contact. So,.."

He pulled out his phone and handed it to you. "You know what to do."

Minhyuk, bossy as always. You then pulled out your phone and unlocked it, handing yours to him before taking his.

You then proceeded to put in every socials that you own in that magical box. Starting from your phone number, email, Instagram, and everything else.

After a while, you two then switched back phones. Each checking the insides of your own phones to see what's different.

What caught your eyes is the name he used in your contacts. "Minhyukkie Oppa✨"

You scoffed, showing him what you spotted, "Somethings never change."

"Oh yeah, about that. We both may 'grow up', but I'm still your Minhyuk Oppa."

-----

Word count: 955 words

A/N: OMG IM SORRY I DIDNT HEAR MY REMINDER NOTIFS.

Thanku for reading!! I hope you like this one!! If u don't mind, u cal go ahead and click the vote button and lmk what u think about it in the comments section.<3