finally

6 weeks, finally, it had been 6 long weeks since i had given birth to my favourite human being. Derek had gone back to work 4 weeks ago, and i was almost ready. Thank god Carolyn Shepherd had come to visit, she had offered to babysit if Derek and i wanted a night to ourselves.

I was sat on the couch with Carolyn, talking about the joy that is motherhood. I loved Carolyn, she understood me, better than my mother ever had, which i was grateful for "Derek should be home soon so i'm gonna go take a shower and get ready, can i leave her with you" Carolyn nodded as i handed her Ella, "how's my princess" she fussed over her, i was nervous. Going out without her for the first time, but i knew she was going to be in good hands.

I finished showering and drying my hair, when i heard the front door open. Derek talked to his mother for a while before coming upstairs to get ready, "hey i just need to shower and get changed, then we can go" he kissed me on the cheek. I put on a black silk dress, one i never wore because it showed too much cleavage, and was very very short. I put on black lacy panties, going braless sounded great, but breastfeeding boobs didn't allow that. I finished my makeup and curled my hair, and then chose out strappy black heels. I had not worn anything but leggings, sweatpants and oversized shirts for the past few weeks. It felt good to wear something that made me feel, hot. I stood in-front of the mirror, making sure everything was perfect before we left. Derek walked out of the bathroom, i almost drooled, i wasn't sure i would make it through dinner without ripping off his clothes. "Meredith Grey" he walked towards me, kissing me, his tongue fighting for dominance. I moaned loudly and pulled away, "not yet" i said catching my breath. I grabbed my purse and walked downstairs, carful not to trip up.

"She will let you know when she needs a change or a feed, but if you can't calm her down give her bunny, it's her stuffed animal, she loves it, but if you need to call me" i was getting more nervous, "Derek are you sure this is a good idea, i don't want to leave her" i kissed her head as i bounced her gently in my arms, "Mer she is fine, my mom is great with babies, she had 5" i almost cried, i felt lost without her, and i felt like a shitty mom for leaving her behind, but eventually we made it into a cab and headed to a bar.

We got out the cab and headed inside, it was fancy, romantic and the lights were dim. "Wow, this is gorgeous" i exclaimed "let's have a drink first" Derek suggested, i followed him to the long barstools at the counter. "What can i get you to drink?" the bartender asked "a glass of white please" i replied "big, as big as you've got" Derek laughed at my eagerness "make it a bottle" the bartender nodded. "It's so nice to be out, like really out" Derek looked me up and down, not taking his eyes off me. I saw my shot and i took it, "i need to use the restroom, i'll be right back" i kissed him and walked off, making sure my dress rode up my ass a tiny bit.

When i got back, the waiter led us to our table, it was in the corner, cosy, out the way. For a second i wondered if it was a coincidence. I shook the thought off, and sat down, picking up a menu. After we ordered, we sat gazing at each other, not breaking eye contact for even a second. "So, tonight" i wanted to talk about it, i wanted sex but i was nervous, what if it was... different? "you okay?" he noticed my nervousness and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. "We can wait longer if you want Mer, there's no rush, it's up to you, i don't want to make you uncomfortable" there weren't words to describe how much i loved this man. "No no, i'm sure, i want too, i'm just nervous" he nodded, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze. We made casual conversation about work over dinner, until i started to feel impatient. I used the fact we weren't in view of other people to my advantage and slowly ran my heel up his leg, his breathing got heavier, his eyes darkened with lust. He caught me off guard when i felt his hand slip under my dress, making my breath hitch. He rubber circles over my clit and i let out a moan, it had felt like forever and he needed to stop before i couldn't take it anymore, i grabbed his hand to stop it from moving. He smirked up at me, bringing his hand back to his side, "cheque please" he gestured over to the waiter.

We practically ran into the cab, getting in the back, he kissed my bare shoulder all the way up to my neck and sucked on the one spot that drove me wild. I moaned a little too loudly, as the cab driver glared in the mirror, giving me a dirty look. I separated from Derek, giving him a look to say wait.

When we got out the cab and into the house, we made sure to be silent, not wanting to wake our sleeping daughter. We had moved Ella's crib into the nursery a few days ago, so we had a baby monitor screen at the side of our bed. We carefully walked up the stairs, not wanting to wake anyone up. I unstrapped my shoes and walked up the stairs, we got into our room and closed the door, i threw my purse onto the chair, and pushed Dereks jacket of his shoulders. He slipped the thin black straps of my shoulders, and let the silk material pool at my feet, he then unclasped my lace bra, as he sucked small purple marks on my neck and on my now bare breasts, i unbuttoned his shirt and unbuckled his pants, leaving him only in boxers, his erection bulging, pressing into my hip as he kissed me passionately, which only turned me on more, he slowly removed my panties, the evidence of my arousal caused me to blush. He took of his boxers, we stood naked kissing each other, still at the door. Suddenly, he picked me up and placed me on the bed. Never in my life, had anyone made me feel as comfortable, safe and loved as he had. Even when i was in the most vulnerable positions, completely naked laying down on a bed, he made me feel safe. He hovered over me, kissing my lips before he moved down, slowly, torturously. He moved his mouth down my body until he reached the gap in between my thighs, trailing kissing on each one. Before i could blink his mouth was circling my clit, i gasped and ran my hand through his hair, while i gripped the sheets with the other one, "oh yes, yes" i moaned softly, silently praying Ella didn't wake up. I got closer and closer to my breaking point, but i wanted to come with him, i wanted us both to feel it. I sat up, pulling his lips to mine, tasting my arousal on his tongue. "I want you inside of me" i whispered, he followed my request, placing his erection at my opening, without warning he was inside of me, slowly moving in and out, building up speed, i knew it wasn't going to be long before we were both in pure bliss, he grabbed my hand, putting it in his, beside my head. "Derek i'm gonna come" i moaned "come for me" he his strokes up, moving his hand down to my entrance, slowly rubbing my clit, in an instant i felt a wave of pleasure, as i rode out my orgasm, feeling Derek come undone inside of me.

We laid beside each other for a minute, catching our breath. "That was amazing, thank you" i turned to him, placing a soft kiss on his mouth, "i love you, he pulled the duvet over me, i was drifting off before i heard cries coming from the baby monitor. I groaned, knowing she was probably hungry, but from down the hall i heard Carolyn shout "i'll get her, don't worry" i sat up, expecting her to say she was hungry, and needed me to feed, but instead i saw her pick up Ella on the baby monitor, and the crying stopped, as Carolyn tip tied down the stairs to get a bottle, "oh thank god" i whispered, Derek pulled me close to him, kissing my shoulder before i fell asleep.

Haha i hope you enjoyed this it felt odd to write, but i think it's also sweet how much they care for each other :)