dinner

"Okay she's dressed" derek walked in holding ella who was wearing the cutest pink frilly dress, "oh my goodness my baby girl is so pretty" i smothered her in kisses, i then put her down, she could now take a couple steps before falling over but we were still teacher her how to walk. "Mama needs to finish getting ready and daddy will take you downstairs and make sure we have everything" i said in a baby voice, realising i was more or less talking to derek, "okay come on" he picked her up and whisked her away, we didn't go out for dinner very often, especially with ella, but carolyn is the only member of dereks family who has met her, and she hates babysitters so we decided to take her.

"Mer she took 4 steps all by herself" derek smiled proudly at me, "woah that's amazing" i giggled at our daughter who was growing so fast, she now would try repeat words if you asked her to, "you ready" i asked, "yes, you look gorgeous by the way" he commented.

"What if your sisters hate me?" i asked derek in the car on the way to the restaurant, "meredith they will not hate you" he rolled his eyes. We pulled up to the restaurants car park and i went round to grab my handbag and ella, "let's go" i exhaled, as we walked into the restaurant, it was only 6pm but it was dark outside, the best excuse i had for if i needed an escape was ella, and also cristina who had offered to help me if all hell broke loose.

"Meredith, derek and my beautiful granddaughter" carolyn got up to hug us, i looked down at the table seeing 3 women, who i assumed were all dereks sisters. "Hi i'm meredith, nice to meet you all" i smiled sweetly as i put ella into a high chair next to me, and i sat down next to derek. "Hi sorry i'm late" a young girl ran to sit down, who i assumed was dereks fourth sister "i'm amelia" she smiled and shook my hand across the table, "meredith" i smiled back.

Derek introduced all 4 of his sisters and we all talked whilst waiting for our food, they were all polite, but amelia was the warmest and most chatty, she was also very accepting of me, which i appreciated. Nancy was slightly patronising but i made nothing of it, ella was content eating chicken nuggets, she enjoyed being the centre of attention and having everyone fuss over her.

Our food arrived and carolyn made a toast to the upcoming wedding, it was actually nice to get to know his family, i expected being miserable and wanting to get out of there as soon as i had the chance, but i was having fun.

We were discussing the wedding when ella started crying, i checked the time and it was already 8:45, she was obviously tired so it was time to go home. We walked to the car park altogether, and said our goodbyes, amelia hugged me tightly "i'm glad your gonna be my sister" she whispered and i thanked her.

"That was successful" derek said, i nodded in agreement, ella was fast asleep in the back as we pulled into the driveway.

Derek picked her up and took her inside, she was still asleep by the time we put her to bed.

"i can't wait to marry you" i whispered, both of us lying in bed, falling asleep, "i can't wait to marry you either" he replied.

this is short sorryyy