cake

I was now 5 months pregnant and tomorrow was going to be when Derek and i had decided to find out the gender. Cristina made us a cake and whatever colour it was on the inside was what our baby was.

Pregnancy was a bitch. When i had finally finished my first trimester, filled with nausea and utter discomfort, a whole new load of symptoms came along. Derek loved it, but it was the most irritating thing, all i could think about was sex. I thought about sex every second of the day i wasn't having it. Derek found it hard to keep up with me most of the time. He described me as "a horny teenager". I didn't quite care for the nickname, as long as he was giving me what i wanted. I also ate like a whale. I had 400 meals a day, which Derek just found hilarious.

"oh... my... god" I panted. He turned his head to smile at me sideways, "that was amazing, you were amazing" he painted breathlessly, i just laughed as he rubbed circles on my belly. I had a small bump. I didn't expect to be huge, i was skinny to begin with. Derek was that guy, you know, the one who talks to the cells forming in your uterus. Every-time he said goodbye to me, he leant down and kissed my bump goodbye too. It made me cringe, but it also made my heart melt. I knew he would be an amazing dad.

He put his arms tightly around me before pulling me close, so my head was on his chest. As he continued to caress my bump i listened to his breathing as i fell asleep, wrapped up in his embrace.

"Good morning beautiful" he whispered into my hair, he sat up, putting his hand on my stomach before saying "good morning beautiful number 2". I smiled up at him "we find out if it's a he or a she in about 5 hours, i think it's a boy" he shook his head "it's definitely a girl". We got up and we showered before getting dressed up for this afternoon.

I wore a short white dress, one that made my bump stick out. Derek kissed the side of my head as i finished applying makeup and doing my hair. We walked downstairs to find Cristina setting up the cake, and about 10 other of our friends waiting to find out too. I was honestly so grateful that after telling all my friends they were supportive. I loved them even more for it.

Callie came up to Cristina, Derek and i to tell us that we were ready to cut the cake. I carrying the baby of the worlds most gorgeous, yet cheesy man, who wanted us to videotape the cake cutting, so he or she could look back and watch how excited their parents were to meet them. Derek asked Izzie to press play, before looking at the camera and pulling me closer, one arm around my waist, and another on my stomach. "Hey baby, your mommy and daddy wanted to tell you how excited we are to find out if your a boy or a girl. We love you". Callie handed me the knife as me and Derek slowly cut into the cake before lifting it up, thousands of pink m&m's pouring out. "It's a girl" i laughed, not noticing the tear rolling down my cheek. Derek hugged me tightly before picking me up and twirling me around in the air. Both laughing hysterically, we kissed before waving goodbye to the video camera.

Hey i havnt updated in ages, but i will try update more regularly. i just have so much work and revision. Anyway i hope you like this chapter :)