getaway

I woke up to my alarm going off so i reached over and turned it off, i look at Derek starting to wake up too and he opened his eyes, smiled and said "good morning" and i just smiled back and kissed him and then got out of bed to shower.

We were both eating breakfast in my kitchen before work and he asked me if i wanted to go away with him for the night. I was surprised to say the least, but it sounded great so i agreed and he looked pleased. He said he would book us a hotel and we could just stay in the room and order room service for 2 days, which sounded amazing, as i despise having to go grocery shopping and cook meals.

As we arrived at the hospital i kissed him goodbye in the car, we agreed to no kissing in the hospital, as we didn't want people to ask us a million questions. I walked into work and saw Cristina who warned me about Baily's bad mood, all of a sudden she walked over to me and said "Grey, you finally showed up to work - patient needs a consult in the ER, go" I speed-walked down to the ER and saw a teenage girl, who has been having trouble breathing, so i paged Burke. "Grey what do we have?" exclaimed the tall cardio attending. "Nikita davis, age 14 came in having trouble breathing, EKG looks normal but breathing sounds shallow."

Burke figured out what was wrong with her in 10 minutes and then took her straight to the OR. After many consults in the pitt i went to the cafeteria with Cristina to get lunch. The perky blonde Izzie Stevens and George O'Mally joined us to eat. Cristina told me all about her hot date she had with Burke, i knew she slept with him but i didn't know it was actually "a thing" i passed Derek in the hall and he said we were going away tomorrow and i couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the day. I got Cristina to cover for me tomorrow and George the next day, i was officially free. At the end of the day i went to find Derek to go home, "you ready?" he asked kissing me on the forehead "yes" i replied. We arrived home 12 minutes later and i packed a bag to leave in the morning. Derek didn't tell me where we were going, he thought he would be "romantic" and surprise me which was cute but a little annoying.

We wanted to be fully rested so we ordered chinese, went to bed and fell straight to sleep. My alarm woke us up at 2:30am as our flight was at 5am. We got up, showered and got dressed. I didn't have time to make coffee so we left the house and drove 30minutes to the airport. "you don't look very happy" Derek said to me sarcastically. "Maybe i would be happier if i knew where the fuck i was going" i replied, not meaning to sound as harsh as it came off, "oooh ouch, your cranky and mean when you haven't had coffee" he joked and i looked at his face and he looked at me smiling and i couldn't help but giggle. I don't know what it is but something about him is different to anyone i've ever dated before, even the thought of being with someone else made me feel nauseous. Shortly after, we arrived at the airport and dragged our bags through security. My eyes lit up as i saw a cafè where we sat, had coffee and breakfast. We then sat on a chair in the airport lounge and i fell asleep with my head on his shoulder.

I woke up to him gently shaking me and i smiled at him before we got up and went to where we had to board, he finally told me we were going to California. I smiled at him and we boarded, my hand was wrapped around his arm and i leant slightly against him as we walked on to the plane. 20 minutes later, we took off and we just talked for about half an hour, until i got up to pee. He pulled me into his arms and whispered something to me, i couldn't stop laughing but it had been 2 days where we just slept in bed and nothing more, so we agreed and 5 minutes later we were standing in what felt like the worlds smallest room. He stood looking at me smiling and then lifted me onto the sink and started kissing me, it was so hard not to make any noise but we couldn't.

10 minutes later he left before me and then i waited a few minutes, so it didn't look suspicious. When i got back he was laughing and i joined him, i hugged his arm and dosed off, i woke up to the chime of the plane and he kissed me "good morning, were here" i just smiled and kissed him back as we got up and got off the plane.