hi baby

"Goodnight" he smiled, "easy for you to say, your not 9 months pregnant" I rolled over, overwhelmed by the frustration of being overdue.

I woke up at 4:30 to a sharp pain shooting down my abdomen. God I hate braxton hicks, I sat up slowly, my hands supporting my huge stomach. "Ouch!" I tried to yell quietly, that was stronger than the others.

I was stood up to walk to the bathroom when I felt a gush, did I just pee myself?

My eyes widened at the realisation. "Derek!" I yelled, he sat up abruptly. "Are you okay?" he asked confused, his eyes travelled down to where my feet were practically glued down to the floor. "Shit, I'll uhhh- grab the hospital bag, you change or whatever you need, maybe sit down, are you okay?" he panicked, running over to me.

He held my hands and walked me over to the edge of the bed and sat me down. "Are you in pain?" he sounded worried, "not right now, but I thought it was braxton hicks" I told him.

After changing into sweatpants and walking to the car with breaks for the contractions. I forgot how much this hurts. Derek walked down the stairs with a half asleep ella, who looked pissed to have been woken up. "Der we need to go" I breathed, trying to ignore the sharp pain.

We made it into the car in record time. "Derek...drive faster!" I yelled. "Mer I'm sorry I can't" he apologised, I loved him but in this moment I wanted to stab him. Not for wanting to drive safely, but for knocking me up again, I did want another baby, but I wish I didn't have to actually give birth again.

When we got to the hospital, cristina took ella so we could get checked in. Also because we didn't plan on traumatising our daughter with the whole birth thing.

"Meredith your 5cm dilated, which is normal, the second time you give birth is normally faster" our OB explained after checking my cervix.

"Do you want any drugs?" she asked, "no, I don't want it to slow this down, this needs to be as fast as possible" I decided to try natural.

"Mer are you sure?" derek asked, sounding concerned. Probably for me and him. I just glared at him, a message that he should probably back off.

"Just breathe...your okay" he reassured, holding my hand as I breathed heavily through another contraction. "God...we are never having sex ever again!" I complained.

Derek was a doctor, he understood saying irrational things you don't mean because your in pain.

The contraction finally went away and I exhaled relieved. "So pretty soon we're going to have another baby" he smiled. "No shit" I groaned annoyed.

"I'm ignoring your unkind comments, I know you don't mean it" he assured himself. "Oh your just so perfe-" I was cut off by another intense pain.

"Meredith your at 9cm it's almost time to push" the OB sounded excited, she wasn't the one pushing the baby out. "I changed my mind I want all the drugs" I groaned.

"Unfortunately it's a bit late for that, your doing great, it'll be over before you know it" she said, snapping on latex gloves.

"Okay it's time to start pushing, when your next contraction comes push as hard as you can" she told me. Derek grabbed my hand, standing next to me.

"I love you, you can do this" he kissed my hair before I felt the strongest contraction.

The OB instructed me to push so i started.

About 10 minutes of tirelessly pushing later we were on the so called 'last push'.

I pushed harder than. I leaned back, derek wiping the damp strands of hair sticking to my face out the way. I smiled when a loud cry filled the room.

Derek cut the cord before I was handed our second daughter.

"congratulations, your baby girl looks great" she placed her on my chest.

Tears flooded my eyes when her cries calmed, her tiny head leaning on my chest. "We had a baby" I smiled at derek, who looked equally emotional.

After she was weighed and cleaned they brought her back to us. She started feeding excellently, derek and I talked quietly, both in awe over her. "I love her so much already, and I love you" I smiled up at him.

"I love you too" he said before we were interrupted by the door opening. "You up for visitors?" cristina walked in, ella in her arms, wanting to run to us. "Sure" I smiled, overwhelmed by happiness.

I had two perfect children, one perfect husband and a perfect dog who was at home, probably confused why we left the house so early.

Derek lifted ella up onto the bed so she could crawl next to me, "do you want to meet your baby sister?" I asked her.

She giggled and looked curiously at her sister. "Be gentle" I whispered as she placed her tiny hand on the baby's head.

Many visits from family and friends later it was just me derek and talula in the room.

"I can't believe we have two children" I broke the comfortable silence. "I'm proud of you, and thank you...for giving me our daughters" he sat at the edge of the bed.

I spent hours gazing at her tiny face before I started getting sleepy. "Der, can you take her, I'm exhausted" I shuffled into a sitting position.

He slowly lifted her out of my arms, she stirred slightly but quickly got comfortable. "Are you okay?" he asked me.

"I'm great, just tired" I smiled, dozing off.

hi sorry the updates are way less frequent i'm back at school and have no free time :/