sister

A week after we had got engaged my half sister insisted on coming to help me plan, she had also never met ella or derek. I hadn't seen her in a few years, she is doing her internship this year and she lives in New York.

I heard the doorbell ring so i picked up ella, holding her on my side and walked to wards the door before opening it, "lexie hey!" i hugged her as best i with with another human being attached to my hip. "Oh my god it's been forever and i am so glad i finally get to meet my niece!" lexie exclaimed smiling at ella, "here you can take her" i passed her over to lexie before closing the door and walking into the living room. "So derek's at work right now but you'll get to meet him later, it's just me, you and ells today" i smiled, "your daughter is adorable and i can't wait to meet the man who swept you of your feet, i mean you haven't been so in love since..." lexie stopped before saying his name. "Mer i'm sorry i know you don't like talking about him, i shouldn't bring it up" lexie rambled "hey it's okay, noah was just one part of my life, i moved on, i have a daughter who i love and the most amazing fiancé ever" i gushed, suddenly realising now grateful i was.

"So tell me about him" lexie asked, "he's amazing, he's a neurosurgeon, he can cook better then i can, he loves me, and he's such a good dad to ella" i replied. We talked for an hour before we decided it was time to start planning. Lexie was more invested in the whole wedding planning process, all i wanted was to actually be married, but it would be nice to 'show our love' to our close friends and family.

A couple hours later we had decided to have a guest list of 30, and we found a gorgeous venue looking over a lake. We phoned the venue and the only availability they had was in 2 months so we would have to plan fast.

We were looking at catering companies when i heard the door unlock and ella clapped her hands "dada" she squealed as he walked over and picked her up, "how's my little girl" he kissed her. "Lexie, you must be mer's little sister, it's great to finally meet you" he smiled and shook her hand, "and how's my soon to be wife" he sat beside me, kissing me before ella shouted "uh oh" and tried to push our faces away from each other, making everyone laugh. I don't know if it was a habit or just easy for her to say but her favourite line ever seemed to be "uh oh".

"Okay so lexie put food in the oven so we'll eat in about an hour, and we can catch you up with what we've managed so far" i began, "wow you seem very organised mer" he smiled at me "yes well we are" i grabbed lexie's hand. "Okay, first off we found a venue about an hour away, it's stunning and has a huge lake surrounding, we can get married inside and then have food and drinks outside and watch sunset, but- the only available day they had was in 2 months, which is sort of perfect because the weather will be great, but it is soon" i said before derek interrupted, "whatever you want" he said before standing up "i am going to shower and change, and then i'll put her to bed so we can eat" he walked up the stairs, after handing ella back to me.

"Meredith, he's great" lexie said, sounding genuinely happy for me, "i know, that's why i love him" i replied. We called caterers and we got a yes for the date we needed, lexie got up to get dinner out the oven and i went upstairs to put her to bed. I met derek upstairs and he came to say goodnight with me. "Goodnight ells, mama loves you baby girl" i watched her sleepy face drift off "goodnight princess" derek whispered, and we both left the room silently, and tip toed downstairs.

"Was she tired?" lexie asked "yeah she was out like a light" derek replied i nodded in reply. "Where are we eating?" lexie asked, "mer doesn't eat dinner anywhere except in-front of the tv, she doesn't do tables" derek joked, "that's not true, it's just nice to feel relaxed" i giggled, "she's always been like that" lexie joined in. "So lexie tell me about meredith as a teenager, was she bitchy, shy?" derek asked lexie, "hey i'm right here i can hear you" i interrupted, derek smirked before looking back at lexie "she was moody, all the time, and she was slutty, she snuck out, she would make out with people in cars, and dad would always catch her" lexie said, happily exposing meredith "enough" i intervened "so you both grew up with your dad?" he asked, "yeah mers mum was absent, so our dad raised us, with my mum, susan" lexie explained.

We talked for hours whilst the tv was playing in the background, it was amazing to catch up with my sister, and spend time with derek too. "I'm gonna head up, i've got an early flight tomorrow" lexie got up to go upstairs, "goodnight" derek and i said in sync, we were still cuddled up watching tv, "i like your sister, she's lovely" he told me, "she is" i smiled.

After 5 minutes we were both tired and had to get up early so we headed upstairs. I brushed my teeth and got in to bed. I never thought i would be so ecstatic to get married, but i was. I had found the love of my life and i was so ready to spend the rest of my life with him.

No matter what, i knew i would always have my daughter, and the love of my life.

okay i don't like this chapter but i didn't want to skip straight to the wedding but i have a few ideas before, anyway i hope u enjoy.