anniversary

Fast forward a few of months:

"Happy anniversary" Derek exclaimed as he brought me breakfast, "happy anniversary" i laughed, i never used to celebrate anniversaries, or any relationship milestones for that matter. Derek sat in bed, taking Ella, who was a lot more awake and alert now. "How's my princess" he kissed her forehead, watching him so in love with our incredible daughter made me the happiest i had ever felt, sure we had our ups and downs, on the nights we barley slept, when we were both overwhelmed and tired we would get into stupid arguments, but at the end of every day, we would fall asleep knowing we loved each other, and our precious daughter. "Here" Derek went into the nightstand and handed me a rectangular light blue box, "thank you but you didn't need to" i kissed him passionately, i opened the box and found a silver necklace inside, i turned it over, it was a heart shaped charm with the letters "M&D" on it, "oh derek it's perfect i love it thank you" i slipped it around my neck, "i'm glad you like it, you deserve the world" he kissed me before adjusting Ella in his arms. I picked her up and cuddled her for a while, before we decided to take her out for some fresh air. We both conveniently had the day off, having been in the hospital for practically 1 month straight.

We walked hand in hand through the wooded park, relaxing properly for the first time in what seemed like forever. "I love this, and i love you" he told me "we should have more of this, do you want to" he asked "more of what, another baby?" i questioned, alarmed "in the future mer, i'm not suggesting we try again anytime soon, but i want Ella to have a sibling or 2, or 3" he stated reassuringly. "Let's just see how it turns out, let's watch her grow up first because if we don't, we'll blink and she'll be 15, and we'll be grounding her for sneaking out the house at 3am" the thought worried me, her not being safe, but i was a teenager once, i knew how it was. "Nope, this young lady isn't ever leaving the house, she's stuck with us" he joked, i smiled and put my hands around her tiny frame.

When we got home i fed her while we ate lunch, enjoy our free day, i was a resident now, i had 5 interns, they were complete idiots, however none of them had ever been knocked up by their attending, i really was the worst intern, but that didn't matter, i had something they didn't, a mini me. Ella was sort of like my best friend, when i had a day off without Derek we would go shopping, or i would dress her up and put sunglasses on her. She really was adorable, she had bright blue eyes and chestnut brown hair. A perfect mix of Derek and i.

After lunch i felt sick, which was weird because i never got sick. I brushed it off and called Cristina to come over. Derek had gone out for a drink with Mark, Ella was asleep and i was bored. Cristina and i sat upstairs talking, Cristina was ruffling through her purse "crap, mer where are your tampons" she asked, i suddenly was very aware of the fact i hadn't bought tampons in a while, at least a month "oh my god" i sat up abruptly "Cristina, i haven't had to buy any i-" she looked at me worriedly "mer you told me your uterus wasn't good, how are you suddenly knocked up every time you and Derek have sex, he must have super sperm" i rolled my eyes at the last comment she made, but she was right, my uterus was unstable, i couldn't be pregnant again, could i?

Cristina looked after Ella while i drove to the nearest store, which luckily was only a couple of minutes away, i picked up 6 different pregnancy tests, chocolate and tampons. I paid for them and drove home.

Cristina sat on the bathroom floor while i peed on all sorts of plastic sticks, i set timers and turned them all over. "Now we wait" i washed my hands and sat next to Cristina. "Mer if you are it'll be fine, your already a mum and Derek told you he wanted more babies, and if the timing isn't good you don't have to have the baby, its your choice!" Cristina said. I was lucky to have such a supportive best friend, suddenly the timer on my phone went off. I stood up and took a deep breath, before turning over the plastic stick that determined fate. 3... 2... 1...

omg i'm sorry for the cliffhanger i will update really soon maybe even right after you'll just have to wait and see. :)