the big day

1 night before the wedding

Lexie, ella and i had spent the day going to stupid appointments lexie made me, in preparation for tomorrow, i hadn't seen derek since this morning but we were both sleeping in the venue, just in different rooms.

I didn't believe in all that tradition crap, but lexie was very strict when it came to this wedding. I had just put ella down in a travel crib, which normally derek would set up but of course he wasn't in my room, so i struggled for an hour to put that thing up.

"Mer, dad just arrived, i told him to meet us here for dinner" lexie walked into the room, "okay i ordered room service, it'll be here any minute. We walked into the hotel room dining room, and got drinks ready and the table set. Lexie, our dad and i were having a 'family catch up dinner'.

"Meredith! Lexie!" he pulled me into a hug when he entered the room. "Dad you made it" i smiled.

We sat at the table and ate dinner until it was late, and lexie went up to her room.

My phone started ringing when i was in the bath, i immediately knew who it was
"derek thank god, miss you"
"i miss you too mer, how was the dinner?"
"it went well, but i wish you were here"
"me too, what are you up too?"
"i'm taking a bath, el is asleep"
"hmnnn, so your soapy, wet and naked"
"we're not having phone sex the night before our wedding"
"why not, it could be fun"
"der we have tomorrow night, and the whole honeymoon to screw as much as we want"
"but i need you now"
"go to bed"
"i'm naked"
"what?"
"i'm naked and so are you"
"well put some clothes in and go to bed"
"mer"
"yes"
"say something"
"say what?"
"something dirty"
"der i already said i am not doing this, drop it"
"why"
"i love you"
"i love you too"
"i'll see you tomorrow"
"goodnight"
I hung up the phone and got out the bath.

Tomorrow was a big day, i needed rest. So i got into the big empty bed and drifted off.

I woke up to the babbling of the tiny human in the crib next to me, i pulled her into my bed so i could get some more sleep, she cuddled up to me and played with my hair until we both dosed off.

"Meredith wake up you need to start getting ready!" lexie barged into the room, "shut up she's alseep" i groaned, wanting to sleep all day, "nope ill take her while you shower, then the hair stylist and makeup artist will arrive and you will be patient and kind" lexie instructed, pulling ella away from me and into her arms.

She stayed asleep and nuzzled her head into lexie's neck, while i got out of bed walked into the bathroom, starting the shower. It all hit me, today was the day i was getting married, i had been planning this for what felt like forever. The only things i was really sure about was derek, ella and the dress, i did love that dress.

I wrapped a towel around myself and another around my hair, then walked back into the bedroom where a hair stylist was setting things up, "shit" i gasped, started by the fact i was naked under this towel, and wasn't expecting anyone to be in the room.

"Sorry to startle you, your sister let me in" she carried on unpacking her bag of 'hair stuff', "no, it's fine, i just need to umm... put on something" i grabbed a robe and walked into the bathroom. I texted lexie and told her to bring ella up to see me, i needed to see her before i really started to freak out.

I walked into the bedroom in a white silk robe and got ella's cute baby pink dress out the wardrobe. She had tried it on a week ago and she loved it, she was so happy wearing fancy skirts and dresses, "here she is" lexie walked into the room with my crying daughter, "why is she crying?" i put down the dress and took her from my sister, "she's probably just overwhelmed, plus she's never stayed in a hotel before" lexie reassured. I bounced her in my arms until she settled down, "miss grey, how would you like your hair?" the stylist asked me as i sat down at the dressing table where she was waiting for me. "uhhh.. half up half down maybe?" i didn't really know what i wanted, "do you want curly, straight, wavy?" she questioned, taking the towel from my hair, "wavy" i smiled as she started to brush and dry it.