home

We woke up at 8am the next morning and had a few hours before we had to leave for the airport so we went for a swim. The poor was indoors and to our surprise, no one else was in it, the water was warm and i couldn't stop looking at Derek who was also looking at me. I splashed him with water and he said "stop it" and he playfully splashed me back, we acted like 8 year olds splashing one another with water for fun, he picked me up and kissed me, and i kissed him laughing in between, No one was around so he pushed me against the edge of the poor and we kissed for about 5 minutes, before we heard the door open and stopped and pretended to be swimming. I felt like a horny 15 year old who had just been caught making out with a boy, we laughed and we got out and went back to our room.

We ran a bath and talked about work, and he told me about how he grew up in New York and lived there most of his life, before his girlfriend cheated on him, which is why he suddenly moved to Seattle. I knew it wasn't his fault but i was mad that he had another girlfriend, i felt protective over him and didn't want to think of him with any other woman except me. I wanted to be with him, i wanted him, i'm scared to love someone again because it never works out, but for him, i'm willing to take the risk. I love him. I hugged him tightly and didn't let go until we got out and got dressed to go to the airport.

We were just about to board the plane and he said he wanted to talk to me when we sat down, i was worried but confused as to what he had to say that was so important. We sat in our seats and he started speaking. "Look, i know we haven't been together long right" i replied "right?" "but i love you, and i don't want to be with anyone else" "Derek shepherd if you are even considering proposing you need to stop its way too early" "no no no that's not what i was doing" he laughed "phew" "do you want to move in with me?" i looked at him shocked, but i did. The thought of not seeing him every morning when i woke up, or every night before i feel asleep, made me feel lonely. "Yes" "really you would?" he sounded as surprised as i felt "yes really" i smiled and kissed him hard. We talked about where we wanted to live and i didn't want to be permanently in a trailer that barley had a shower and didn't have a bath, as much as i loved how secluded it was. I asked him if he wanted to live in my house, well technically my mother's house. We decided on what to do.

Hours later, we were back in the car on the way back home, i texted Cristina to ask her when she could call her and they could catch up.

"just got back to Seattle, Derek and i are moving in, can you call later?"
"wow, big step, are you ready?!, call me whenever, would love to talk."

I smiled and watched the world go bye as we drove home. When we got back we were both tired from all that travel so we ordered pizza for dinner and watched some tv while we ate. I looked around to see Derek asleep and i giggled, i got up and walked into the kitchen and pressed the call button for Cristina.

"Hey Mer how are you, how was your trip?"
"Good it was really, good"
"that's great i'm glad, how are you and Mcdreamy?"
"haha we said i love you"
"you did! you do?"
"i really do, i love him Cristina"
"well Meredith Grey, i'm happy for you"
"How are things going with you and Burke?" i asked hoping for some clarity on the situation
"It's not good but it's not bad, i don't want to talk about it right now Mer"
"Okay, i understand"
"thank you"
"it's okay, anyway i will see you at work"
"yes goodnight Mer"
"goodnight."

I went back into the living room, cleared up dinner and turned the tv off, i woke up Derek and we went upstairs to sleep. He put his arms around me and hugged me tight as we both fell into a deep sleep. "BEEP BEEP BEEP"
I woke up to the very loud ring of the alarm and so did Derek he smiled at me and said "good morning, did you sleep well?"
"yes i slept great thank you" we kissed and i got up to change and he said "i love you Meredith Grey" he was already so hot but when he said that, he was like 20x hotter. "I love you" i said, and i really truly meant it.

We drove to work holding hands the whole journey, we wanted people to know we weren't just screwing each other, we were in love.