perfect

9 years later...

"Ella come downstairs, we're going to be late" I yelled. "Lulu go find daddy and get in the car I need to go get your brother" I hurried into the living room.

You'd think having a big house would look less cluttered, that's until you have 3 kids of course.

I found oliver in the living room playing with bear. Oliver had just turned 3 and was the most adorable but badly behaved child.

He wasn't even 5 and he's already almost given me a stress disorder. "We're leaving" I picked him up carrying him out of the house and into the car.

Once all the kids were buckled up and sitting in the car I had a moment to breathe. "Hey, I've barley seen you today" I smiled before kissing derek.

"I know the feeling" he responded, looking as exhausted as I am.

We climbed into the car, starting the short drive to the hospital. It was a little further than the drive from the old house, seeing as though we literally lived in the middle of nowhere.

Despite the location the house was perfect, derek had come up with the plans and blurprints, I helped with parts of the designing, mostly bedrooms and bathrooms. It took a lot of time and effort but we loved it. It really felt like home.

It was the right decision, after we had oliver we needed somewhere bigger. We were happy, that was the important part.

"Mommy! el stole my teddy" talula complained, "no I didn't" ella fought back. I rolled my eyes, remembering back to when they were just babies, they didn't fight half as much.

Obviously talula couldn't speak yet, but ella would get jealous if I held her sister for too long.

"Okay no shouting in the car, ella if you have her teddy give it back" I sighed.

"Mer I have a heart liver transplant, want to scrub in?" cristina ran up to me. "Yes, that sounds fun" I replied, "just let me drop them off and I'll meet you to scrub" we walked towards the daycare.

"Tina!" ella exclaimed excitedly, that's what she had called her ever since she was 3. Auntie tina. "You go scrub, I'll drop my girls and boys" cristina smiled, taking oliver from my arms and leading the girls away. "Bye" I waved at them before leaving to change into scrubs.

Later in the evening, after dinner we sat on the sofa, watching some cooking show the girls liked. Oliver was asleep already and talula was trying her best to stay awake.

She was cuddled up to my side, her head on my chest. "Talula, you're tired, you ready for bed?" I whispered. "Noooo" she whined, shuffling to get comfortable.

Minutes later I heard soft sores, she was fast asleep.

I picked her up to carry her, "she asleep?" derek asked, "yeah, how about her" I replied, slightly pointing to ella.

"No mommy I'm not going to bed" she sat up, "you can stay down here for 10 more minutes while I put your sister to bed" I told her, before starting to walk upstairs.

'2 down 3 to go' I thought as I fell backwards onto the sofa next to derek.

"Mommy I want another baby" ella climbed next to me. I looked at derek, shocked. "I don't think mommy wants any more babies el, three is enough" I told her, pushing strands of blonde hair out of her face. "Please" she begged, "how about you get some sleep and we'll talk about it another time" derek cut in, helping me out.

"Fine" she huffed, "mommy?" she kept talking. "One more question and then bed" I chuckled.

"How do you have a baby?" she questioned.

I had no idea how to respond, neither did derek by the looks of it.

"Well...when you love someone, the way mommy and daddy love eachother...you hug and you kiss..." I tried to explain. "Ew gross!" she cringed, "I know, gross!" I stopped talking, hoping that was a good enough answer for now.

"Can I have a baby?" she wondered out loud, "one day...yes, but not now, you have to be older, okay?" I responded.

"Daddy please can mommy have a baby" she turned to derek. "Time for bed" he ignored the question and stood up.

"Goodnight mommy" she got up and hugged me. "Sleep well, I love you" I replied.

"They're all asleep" he came down. "Finally" I sighed, he pulled me closer too him.

"I can't believe el is already asking about babies" I giggled, "yeah, I thought we had at least another 3 years" he responded.

"Remember when we had time to ourselves" he joked, "as much as I miss that, I'm happy, we have three perfect children" I tilted my head with a smile.

hey, I just want to say thank you for all the support. This was fun to write but I sort of ran out of ideas for this story. Not promising anything but if I ever feel like continuing this storyline I could write a sequel. Thank you :)