another

Ella Marie grey shepherd was now 8 months old, she had learned to crawl and babble. She was growing up so fast, work made us busy a lot of the time, but when we weren't doing surgeries we were with our daughter, who we adored.

"Can you say... mama" i had got into the habit of using a baby voice whenever she was around us, "or dada" derek added on, "no her first word should be mama" i stated, he rolled his eyes "and why is that" he asked me "were you the one who carried her for 9 months, pushed her out, breastfed and ruined your body for her?" i argued. "Point taken" he laughed, we rarely talked about it, but we had mentioned having another baby a couple of times. I didn't want one right now, i was more than happy just to appreciate the one we have right now, but the thought had crossed my mind.

"So" derek started, he had been asking about another baby, but not so that i felt pressured. He understood that it was my body, and me who had to carry and give birth, which i appreciated, but that didn't stop him from asking. "Derek i swear to god if the word baby is about to come out your mouth then you should shut up, or else this one might grow up father-and-sibling-less" i had ella on my hip, while i got bottles ready. "Mer don't you want to do this again, don't you want to be able to hold another baby in your arms for the first time?" he whined, "i have this one" i pointed at ella, who was completely oblivious to our current conversation. "hmnn, how about you be helpful, go change her and then we'll talk about it" i said handing her to derek.

"She's taking a nap" he stated as he walked down the stairs, "okay great" i smiled. "You told me we could talk about it now" he nagged "ughhh, what is it with you and your impatience" i whined back, "look i just want to know a time frame, then we have something to look forward too" he said, "ella was unexpected, we just got lucky, i probably cant get pregnant again, do you not remember the last time?" i replied, "mer we have options, if you don't think you want to carry" he said, reassuringly. I nodded, sitting down on the sofa. "No, i'll try, all i'm saying is don't get your hopes up" i replied, "we can try, whatever happens is meant to happen, let's just take it one day at a time" he stated, making me feel much better, "how about we think about it after she has her first birthday" i said, surprising him. "Okay" he smiled back at me.

Later that night we had dinner and then showered together "conserving water". We then went to bed, "hmnn that was amazing, thank you" i spoke, trying to slow down my breathing, he kissed me hard before wrapping his arms around me, getting ready to go to sleep.

I don't really like how this turned out i had no idea what to say but i wanted to update regularly, anyway i'll update again soon, i have big plans for the next chapter ;)