Chapter 38 (Finale)

I opened my eyes to see myself in a hospital. No one was around and it was dark except for one light in the hallway. The light flickered until a figure appeared in front of my bed. The tall dark figure was Charles...

I tried to move from the bed but I was strapped down to the bed. He slowly walked into my room while I screamed for help. I thought we had got out? Where is everyone? Did I die?

He lunged at me and I screamed to the top of my lungs. "GET OFF OF ME!" I tried to fight him but he was too strong. "Kat! Wake up! It's me!" The voice said to me. I opened my eyes and the setting change. I was still in a hospital but the sun was shining and people were walking around. 

Marko had my hands in his and pulled me into his arms. I let out all of my tears. "Where is he? Did he die? What happened to my sisters?" I said all at once.

"Kat please calm down. Everything is fine I promise but you need to rest." Marko said rocking me back and forth. I grabbed onto him and continued to cry. I honestly couldn't believe that it was finally over. "Marko where are my sisters?" I asked again.

"They are in the room right next to yours. Don't worry we have officers all over the building. No one can get in your rooms without our say-so." Marko said with a smile. I wiped my face and heard the door open. I looked up to see the one person I've wanted to see for a long time, my mother. She had on her purple scrubs and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. She looked even more exhausted than usual. A tear appeared in her eyes as she made her way to my bed.

"Mamma...." I sobbed. She pulled me into her arms and hugged me so tight. "Oh, Kat! I'm so happy your home! My baby has come back to me! Dear Lord and Jesus thank you!" She shouted. I hugged her back and cried with her. I've missed her so much and everyone else. She pulled back and wiped my tears away. "I'm sorry Ma, for everything I've put you through."

"You don't need to be apologizing for anything sweetie. I'm the one who should be sorry. I shouldn't have sent you all out so late. I'm truly sorry baby." 

"It's ok Ma, I'm home now." 

The door opened once again and Marko entered with his father and two other men. Both men were dressed in a jacket that was labeled 'FBI' on the sleeves with black pants to match. "Sorry to interrupt Margret but this is Agent Collins and his partner, Agent Wallace." Both men went to shake my mother's hand and my hand. "We are with the FBI and specifically deal with cases such as yours, Ms. Washington. Do you mind if we ask a few questions?"

"Go ahead."

"Alright, can you identify your kidnapper?"

"Charles Lockett." Saying his name put an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I glanced at my mother and she was in shock. "Everything ok Ma?" I put my hand on hers and she jumped. "Y-yeah." Her answer put a weird feeling in my gut but I let it pass.

"And was there anyone else involved?"

"Um I don't know her full name but there was someone named Natalie, and his sons."

"Can you name the sons?"

I swallowed hard and thought about Jamal. I mean yes, he deserves to rot in hell but he actually tried to help me at one point. "Trey and Reggie. That's it." I said a little bit too quickly. Agent Collins looked at me with serious eyes and cleared his throat. "Are you sure? From my knowledge, you know his other son named Jamal?"

"I-i do but-"

"We can only help you if you help us." Agent Collins said, interrupting me. I nodded and swallowed hard. "Yes I know Jamal but please don't punish him. His father was blackmailing him with drugs." I cried out. "It wasn't his fault sir. Please don't take him to jail for this."