Chapter 29

Marko POV.

I had Jade and Stephanie in the car and we were on our way to the troubled side of Detroit. The side where there was nothing but crime and sin in these streets. As I rode farther away from my hood, I could see crackheads standing on the corners under the very few streetlights. 

"Is it too late to turn around?" Jade blurted out while grabbing onto the seatbelt. I saw Stephanie's hand reach on the side of the seat to comfort her. I kept my focus on the road until we came to an old and crusty looking building.

"Um, Steph? You sure this is the place?" I questioned because this really didn't look like the place. I was expecting a lit ass club but instead, I got a low down building. "Duh, dude. This is where they be at."

"Alright well, let's go." I parked the car behind a tree and hopped out. "Guys, I don't think we should be doing this.." Jade let out as she made her way next to me. "Look do you want to find Kat or not?"

"I do bu-"

"Then this is the way to go. Just stay close alright?" Jade nodded and grabbed Steph's hand. "You two are so cute."

"Shut up." They both said in unison. I chuckled and we all made our way to the busted up building. It really wasn't a sight to see. Just an old shack with a few men outside. Bikes and cars were parked along the entrance while as we got closer you could hear the music.

There was a tall, buff man standing at the door with a scar on his right eye. I turned to Steph, "So how the hell do we get in?"

"Don't look at me. I got you here, I didn't say I was gonna get you in." She said, popping her neck at me. I rolled my eyes and looked back at the place. I saw some scrawny guy get pushed by the big guy and go around back.

"I think I might know a way," I followed the little guy behind the building and saw him climb up a ladder to the side of the place. I looked back at the girls and nodded the ladder. "Ladies first."

"I swear Marko if this is some cheat trick to look at my as-"

"It's not Steph. How about you go first then Jade and I go last. I'm sure Jade would love to take a glance." Jade flicked me off and I shrugged my shoulders. Steph rolled her eyes and climbed up. "What do you see?"

"I see a few crackheads..."

"I meant about a way to get in."

"Oh, I see some sort of hole. It leads to some room." Steph called out as she walked towards whatever she was talking about. "I can't really-AHH!"

We heard a huge crash and Jade called out to her. No answer.

"Ah, shit!" Jade hurried up and climbed the ladder and I followed behind. We saw a big hole from the top of the shack. We looked down and saw Steph grabbing onto her ankle. I jumped down into the room and saw a door with light coming from behind it.

"Are you ok?" I heard Jade ask Steph. I walked over to the door and opened it. It was a long and narrow hallway with a few lights. I saw a few dudes coming my way so I shut the door and held a finger up to my lips. Steph was gripping her ankle and I saw tears stream down her face.

Damn man..this was not supposed to happen. The men had walked past and I shut the door. I made my way to the girls and turned my flash on. Steph's ankle was purple and it looked pretty painful. "Can she stand?"

"No no...I don't even want to try..." She cried out. "I knew this was a bad idea, let's just go." Jade was pissed off and wrapped her arm around Steph. God, carry me through what I'm about to do next...

"You stay here with Steph, I'll go on my own." If looks could kill then I'll be dead already. Jade narrowed her eyebrows at me and calmed herself down. "Marko, I'm not about to play with you. Steph is clearly hurt right now and you want to go play fucking detective!"