Chapter 21

Day three

After what happened to me yesterday, I just fell asleep in his bed. When I woke up, he was next to me. I tried to move out of the bed and felt a grip on my arm. "Where are you going?" He said in a sleepy but harsh tone.

"Bathroom. Please, I have to pee Charles." I whispered. Saying his actual name sent nothing but chills down my spine. But he let me go and I wrapped a dirty towel around my body. I crept out into the hall and went to the bathroom.

Once I closed the door, I put my back against it and sunk down. I wrapped my arms around my legs and began to cry. The last few hours ran through my mind as I let my tears fall down my face.

I wanted nothing more but to be free from this terror. I stood up but it hurts to walk. A fade streak of blood was on the side of my leg as I examined myself.

The shower looked like it hadn't worked in years but I need to get this memory off of me. I twisted the knob and it just creaked and cracked. Only freezing cold water sprayed from the rusty showerhead.

I couldn't take a freezing shower but this would have to do. I dropped the towel and stepped into the cold water. It felt good to wash up again but it was just cold.

And to think about it, I don't have any clothes to wear. I scrubbed my body to death, trying to remove the feeling from last night off of me.

The door opened and my heart dropped. I heard the door close and I turned around to see a figure standing there with something in their hands. I peeked around the curtain and saw him.

Charles.

With some clothes in his hands and a soft expression on his face. He had a concerned look in his eyes and slowly placed the clothes on the counter. "There's something for you to wear." He spoke with such a gentle manner, as nothing has happened.

I couldn't speak because of my voice. I screamed most of it away, trying to protect myself. I just nodded and pointed to my throat. "Ah. Sore throat?" He came closer to me and looked at my neck. "I'll fix you a nice cup of tea to soothe it out." He left out of the bathroom while I continued to scrub.

Once I got out of the shower, I put on the clothes he sent out for me. A striped red t-shirt and a pair of old jeans. I left the bathroom and went into the room where my sister was located.

They were on the bed, sound asleep. They had dried up tears on their small faces and a few red spots on their cheeks. I grabbed a towel and dabbed it on their faces while they slept.

It pains me to see them like this, so miserable and unhappy. At least if I don't make it out, I want them to leave me behind.

Just run and don't look back.

Alex started to shift and move around. I rubbed her forehead and her eyes opened up. "Kat?" She said while rubbing her eyes and sitting up on the bed. I nodded and she hugged me. "Did he..."

A tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. Alex started to cry and I rocked her. "I'm so sorry." She sobbed. "I tried to stop him but he hit us and threw us in here...

I should have protected you as you protected us... I'm sorry." I just rocked her, she felt bad for herself, just because she couldn't protect me.

"It's ok..." I said, my voice raspy and dry. Alex soon stopped sobbing and just laid in my lap. The door opened and Charles had walked into the room with a large mug. He set it down on the end table and pushed back my hair to kiss my forehead. "There you go, darling."

He glanced at Alex and sat down on the bed. "I have a surprise for you three. A few sets of clothes are in the closet." He said before leaving the room. I glanced at the tea and smelled it.