Chapter 4

"Crissy?"

My little sister was nowhere to be found. I turned the stove down to low and went into my sisters' room.

"Alex?"

Alex wasn't here either. I ran back into the living room and looked around. I could feel my anxiety building up but I kept it under control. I knew for a fact all the doors were locked.

"Alex! Crissy!"

No answer.

"This isn't funny! Where are you?"

I heard snickering and giggles. I looked down the hall towards the bathroom. I walked down the hall and heard splashing noises on the other side of the door.

I busted in the bathroom to see my sisters playing in the water. They stopped and looked up at me.

"So y'all didn't hear me call y'all names like 8 times?"

"No.", Crissy said.

" I did but I wanted to ignore you.", Alex said all smart and shit.

"Listen here you little piece of shi-"

I stopped myself before I cussed her out. Can't do that... Well, at least not yet.

I rolled my eyes and went back into the kitchen. I stirred the macaroni and put a few pieces of chicken in the fryer. The macaroni was ready to drain, so I turned the stove off and drained it.

I heard the two brats come into the living room and turn on the TV. After I got done draining the macaroni, I put it back on the stove and put the cheese in it.

I checked on the chicken and it was a light brown. Not done.

Well, not all the way done.

I finished up the macaroni and put the top over it to keep it hot. I looked back and the kids were watching Spongebob.

My phone buzzed and I looked over to see a text from Jade.

Bestie J☺

J~ Wyd bish?

I smirked and rolled my eyes. Either she wants me to help her with something or take me somewhere.

~K-Cookin 4 the brats

~J- Look at you being a big sister n shit😂

~K- Shut up bro😂😂

I put my phone down and took the chicken out. I decided to put the mash potatoes up. I didn't want to cook everything.

"Alex and Crissy! Come eat!"

I made their plates and sat them on the table. They both ran into the kitchen and sat down. I made my plate then sat down with them.

Alex didn't hesitate to dig into her food. I'm guessing she was hungry.

"Slow down A. You didn't eat at school?"

"The food looked nasty so I threw it away."

I looked at Crissy and she didn't touch her food at all. She was just poking the chicken.

"You ok Crissy?"

"Huh? Yeah. Just not hungry."

"That's weird. You always love my cooking."

"Maybe she realized that you can't cook."

"Yet the fact you eating my food Alex."

I ignore the brat and focused on Crissy. She looked at me and frowned.

"You ever wonder where Dad is?"

I dropped my fork and Alex stopped eating. We both looked at each other and I sighed.

"Sometimes."

"I miss him. When is he coming back?"

Fucking never.

"Don't know C, but eat something before your food gets cold."

Ok I know it's short but here's a piece of it.

See ya!