Chapter 26

"Oh my God! Jamal!" I crashed into his arms and cried my heart out. All of the memories from our time together came flooding back as I cried in his arms. "Shhh, Kat. It's ok. I'm here now. And we need to get you out of here."

"B-but how? How did you know where to find me? How's my mother? Is she ok? How's Jade?" I said all at one time. My head started to hurt again as I remembered almost everything.

From the time we had our first kiss to our first date. I remember our assignment together and the gifts he bought me. I remembered it all. "We need to leave like now." He grabbed my hand and led me down the grand steps and out the back door. "Jamal wait! I need answers first!" I called out as we ran to the black truck. "And you will get them, just get into the truck Kat."

Something didn't feel right about this. It was like a bad feeling in my body and it wasn't leaving any time soon. We got into the truck and Jamal told me to duck down so we could get past the gates. He covered me up with a sheet and I heard voices coming from the front. Jamal and the guard were having a decent conversation until the voices quieted down a bit. "It's ok now Kat," He called out. "You can come up here now."

I slowly climbed into the front and put my seatbelt on. Jamal was focused on the road while I looked out the window. "Jamal, how did you find me?" He glanced at me from the corner of his eye and smiled. "Well, that part was easy. All I did was track your phone." My phone? How could he have tracked my phone when I don't even have it?

"But I don't have my phone..."

"Well, how else did I get here?"

"I don't have a clue but thank you. I just can't wait to get home and see my family again."

"Yeah, we might have to circle around to get your sisters." At that moment, my mind clicked. My eyes got a little bit wider and I slowly turned to him. "I never mentioned my sisters....." The truck came to a stop and his grip on the steering wheel became tighter. I quickly took my seatbelt off and tried to open the door but he gripped my arm and turned me around. "Kat just listen to me!"

"Get off of me!" I tried to get his hand off of me but he was just too damn strong for me. "Kat please!" I stopped wrestling with him and scooted as far to the door as possible. "How in the hell did you know I was here?!" He didn't say anything, he just kept his eyes on the road. "Answer me!" I yelled.

"I already knew....but it wasn't supposed to go this way." He said, avoiding eye contact with me. I slapped him and felt a few tears leave my eyes. I wiped them away and glared at Jamal. "What in the hell are you talking about?" He rubbed his chin and turned to me. His eyes were turning red as his veins popped out the side of his neck. "It was only supposed to be you." He said while sighing. "I-I don't under-"

"You were supposed to get kidnapped, not your sisters."

"What?" My mind tried to wrap around what he was saying but it didn't make any sense. Why did anybody want me? I held my breath as he let his seat back and put his arm over his face. "That's why I took an interest in you, but once I got to know you a bit more....you reminded me of Yasmin."

"So you're telling me that you talked to me just so I could get kidnaped? And you brought Yasmin here as well? Let me guess, your reward is drugs." He jumped up and looked at me with pain in his eyes. "Yes." My head started to pound as I remembered someone showing me drugs with Jamal's name on it. "They were right...about you," I said as quietly as I could. "You're on those pain killers"

"It's not my fault ok? It's not like I had a choice."

"So you were behind all of those missing girls? You never said a thing! You could've helped them, Jamal!"