Chapter 27

Jade POV.

Marko knocked on the door while I was off to the side, thinking about what just happened between me and Steph. I usually don't act like this when people kiss me but the girl got me on edge. I mean the kiss wasn't everything, it's just the way that it happened. And this fool just had to see it. "Aye Jade?"

"Huh?" I blinked twice and Keith was standing in the doorway looking at me. "You gon come in or stand out here all day?" He said, nodding his head into his house. "Y-yeah." I stepped into the house and heard the door close behind me.

Marko was standing there, tryna hold in a damn laugh. "Looks like somebody on yo mind." He said while smirking. I rolled my eyes and turned to Keith, "Damn, you had another house party or sum?"

The house that used to look beautiful on the inside had nothing but red cups and trash everywhere. This dude doesn't clean up for shit.

He shook his head and shoved his hands into his pockets, "Nah, nothing like that. But wassup tho?" Marko cleared his throat and looked around. "Yo peoples home? Cuz I gotta ask you a few things."

"Nah but we can talk out here." He lead us into his backyard and sat down on one of the lawn chairs. We joined him and sat across from one another. "So what's this about?" Keith asked while rubbing his chin. "It's about ya boy, Jamal," Marko said to him.

"That's not my boy. Dude hit me over some girl at my own party. I thought it was bros before hoes but he was stuck on this one." He said harshly. "Who was the girl?"

"I think you know that one bruh. I saw you snatch her away into one of the bathrooms." Keith said, smirking at Marko. I held up my finger and pointed to Marko. "Hold the hell up. You mean to tell me that you dragged her away and you were getting on my case??"

"Not the point right now. Keith, was Jamal here during the clean-up of the party?"

"Look man, I already spoke to the cops about this. Yeah, the dude was here even though me and him weren't speaking at the moment."

"How long?"

"About 10 minutes before he got a call and left. That's all I know dude." Something wasn't sitting right with me. I just had this feeling that Keith wasn't telling the whole truth. "Keith, if you know something please speak up. I'm just trying to find my best friend."

Keith sighed and sat back in the chair. He rubbed his face and sat back up, "There is one thing I left out."

"Well spit it out," I said, snapping my fingers. "Jamal was off when he was cleaning up. It was like he was a crackhead or something. As soon as the call came in, he zoomed off to whoever he was meeting. I never saw him act like that before..."

"Like he's on pills?" Marko said and looked up at Keith. "Aye man, you didn't get that from me. I won't rat out my teammates but Jamal is on some type of drug. But keep that on the down-low because word ever gets back to coach, we all screwed."

"Why do you say he's on drugs?"

"Because the next day, he was acting like nothing ever happened." Suddenly, we all heard gunshots and ducked down onto the ground. It sounded like it was coming from the front and all I could think about was Steph. "Steph!" I jumped up and ran through the house and out the front door.

I saw an all-black car speed off as I ran to Marko's car. Steph wasn't in the backseat and I looked around. I felt a hand touch me and I turned around to see Steph. I pulled her into a tight hug and felt a tear go down my cheek. "It's okay, I'm fine."

"What happened?"

"I was just chilling in the car until I saw this black car rolling up and I hurried up and jumped out. They didn't see me or shoot at me thankfully."