Chapter 1

4 weeks ago

Monday

"Yall girls better get up or y'all gon miss the bus!"

That was my dear mother yelling for the 10th time this morning. As much yelling as she does, I'm surprised her throat doesn't hurt. It's not like we're gonna do anything at this boring place we call the school.

Just listen to some boring teachers talk about what they did over break. Big deal.

 At least this is my last year here, just a few more months and I'm done with school until college.

I finally got up and went into the bathroom to get ready. While I'm brushing my teeth, a big head girl with a big puffball and nice brown skin busts in. That's my 10-year-old sister Alex.

"Excuse you?"

She looked at me and rolled her eyes. Ima poke those dear eyeballs out she keeps playing.

"Mamma said you need to share this bathroom."

"It's a bathroom downstairs doofus."

"Mamma and Crissy taking too long."

"What do you need to do? You're only 10."

I ignored Alex and finished doing my daily routine. Once I was done with that, I put on a tank top with some ripped up jeans. I ran downstairs to see Mamma cooking breakfast and two big puff balls at the table.

That's my other sister, 6-year-old Crissy. She's the baby in the family. It's just been Mamma, Alex, Crissy, and me. The thing we should call a father left us when Mamma got pregnant with Crissy so she doesn't remember him that much.

Oh before I forget, Hey! My name is Katie Washington but my friends call me Kat. I'm 18 and I'm a senior at Detroit High. I love my family and the neighborhood that I live in even though a lot of crime occurs here.

I'm single and don't have time for boys because all they do is bring babies and pain. I also still have my V-card, unlike some females in my grade. Most of them are either pregnant or have some type of disease.

Hey....I'm just saying.

Anyway, I grabbed a plate and sat down. Mamma put some eggs and bacon on my plate. I grabbed a few pieces of bacon and started to eat.

"Where's your sister at?", Mamma asked while looked up the stairs.

"In the bathroom."

"Alex get down here before your breakfast gets cold!"

"Coming Mamma!"

After a few minutes, Alex finally came downstairs and sat down. I started to wonder what was taking so long until she started acting all weird.

"What's up with you?"

"Nothing.", She said very quickly and didn't look at me when she did. Now I know something is wrong.

" Look at me."

"Why?"

I grabbed her face and turned her towards me. She had black stuff on her eyelashes and some lipstick on. She broke out of my grip and started to eat.

"Mamma! Alex was playing in my makeup again."

"Snitch!"

"You shouldn't be touching my stuff in the first place!"

We were just going back and forth. She shouldn't have been all in my stuff. Things like this make me want to get a lock on my door.

"Stop all that damn yelling!"