Chapter 8

This class is taking forever....Time was slowly ticking by. I did all of my assignments and didn't have anything else to do. I looked over and saw Marko sitting like 3 seats away from me.

"Marko!", I whispered. I said his name like 4 times. He was acting like he didn't hear me. I decided to text him instead.

Marko😂

I know you hear me😒

........

Oops...

I rolled my eyes and looked back at him. Something was up. I decided to not let it bother me. I was playing Candy Crush when I got a text.

755-156-8909

Hey

I didn't recognize the number so I didn't think to text back. I went back to playing my game when the same number texted me again.

I forgot that I didn't give you my number but it's Jamal 🙂

I never clicked on a message so fast. Jamal was texting me! Let me not get all excited.

I sholl was finna block you...

That was my fault... Wyd?

Nothing now, you ruined my game😑

What game was you playing?

Candy Crush

Weak😂

😑

He did not just say that Candy Crush was weak. Actually, it's not weak. He just can't play. The bell rung and I was the first to leave. I walked outside when I got this weird feeling.

I looked around but all I saw was kids walking around, talking with their friends. I don't know why I keep getting these feelings.

Suddenly, a hand touched my shoulder. I jumped and turned around. Jamal was standing there, giving me a concerned look.

"Hey... My bad for scaring you."

"It's fine. Did you need something?"

"No. I just saw you over here and decided to come speak."

"Well, I kinda can't stay. I have a bus to catch."

"You mean those buses?"

He pointed towards the buses and they were pulling off. Just my freaking luck. I threw my hands up in the air and sighed.

"Yeah... Those buses."

"I can give you a lift."

I glanced at him and he had some keys in his hand. He pressed the button and an all green Hummer lights flashed. My eyes went wide at the car.

Everyone always said that Jamal's family was rich. If he's so rich then why does he live down here?

I didn't want to question his life so I got in his truck. It was very nice on the inside. He put the key in the ignition and it roared to life. We pulled off from the parking lot and was on the streets.

I was looking out of the window. The drive was quiet other than him tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"So..."

"Where do you live?"

"Kings Avenue."

"Alright. You can play some music if you want."

I put the radio on my favorite station and sat back in the seat. He glanced at me and turned back to the road.

"What?"

"What you know about Marvin Gaye?"

"More than you."

"Yeah right."

I smirked when he pulled up on my street. I pointed to my house and he stopped in front of it. I got out of his car and waved bye.

He waved and drove off. I walked into the house and threw my bag on the couch. I saw my mom in the recliner. I went over to her and kissed her on the head.

"Hey baby, who was that?"

"Who was who?"

"I might be old but I'm not stupid. I heard the truck outside. So who was it?"

I can never slide anything past her. It's like her motherly instincts jus kicked in.

"It was a friend from school."

"What friend?"

"His name is Jamal a-"

"Where does he live?"

"I don-"

"Does he do drugs?"

"Ma-"

"Is he under 18?"

"Mamma! I don't know where he lives, he can't do drugs because he's on the football team, and I believe he's already 18."

She looked me in the eyes until the house phone rang. I grabbed it and looked at the number. It was Fred.

"Who is it?"

"Fred."

"Ignore it."

I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey kid, is your Mamma home?"

I looked at her and she was shaking her head no. I smirked and nodded my head.

"Why yes she is! I'll give her the phone now."

I walked towards her and held out the phone for her.

"It's for you."

"I can't stand you."

"I love you too Mamma."

I went up to my room while laughing. I hope she agrees to go out with him. She needs to have fun every now and then.

I laid on my bed when my phone started ringing. I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?"

"You little sly dog."

I already knew who is was.

"Jade what are you talking about?"

"I saw you... You got in the car with Jamal. So tell me... Was it big?"

"That's not even what happened."

"Oh so he gave you some head cuz I know for a fact you scared to suck dick so."

"First of all, leave me alone. Second, how did you even see me?"

"I told you I was tryna fuck wit Keith fine ass... But this not about me right now... It's about you and Jamal.

"We didn't do anything. Do you know what's wrong with Marko?"

"Girl... How clueless can you be? He likes you jackass."

I almost choked on air. Marko likes me? I never even seen him in that way. No... It's another reason for this.

"He can't like me..."

"Well he do. He's upset cuz you spending yo time with Mr. Jamal instead of him."

"Well... I'll talk to him later."

"You need to. Y'all always putting off y'all feelings for....e-each other... Keith.....Daddy slow down."

I could not believe that she was actually getting fucked in my ear. I took the phone away from my ear and hung up. I looked up at the ceiling and thought about what Jade said.

Does Marko like me?

Find out later in the story