Chapter 32

A few days later...

Every day I would spend my free time training with Rusty. That old man had some moves on him and would kick my ass every time. He showed me how to sharpen things and how to get through bars and how to disable small things.

He taught me sign language which I passed down to my sisters. Lucky for all of us, it was a rather long but quick process. I still didn't know how long I've been missing for but the weather would play games so it just might be spring.

Right now, Rusty and I were fighting each other and I had the short end of the stick. He sent his left foot flew into my side and finished it off with a kick in the guts. I flew back and just laid in the grass. "I give up!"

"You can't be giving up girlie. Ya sisters need you." He held up his hand and pulled me up. "Well, it's kinda hard not to when you're kicking my ass every 2 minutes."He just laughed at me and dusted me off. Jamal came around the corner and signaled me to come closer.

"We might want to go....he's getting a bit pissed and it will be dark soon."

"Alright just go start the car." I ran back to Rusty and hugged the frail man. "I have to go, the bastard is getting worried."

"Alright now. Now, remember the plan, you can't escape from the fortress so you have to-"

"Start at square one. I know and still don't understand." He rubbed my cheek and patted my shoulder.

"You will soon. And this might be our last time seeing each other so when you get out, come visit me."

"Of course Rust. Thank you again." I waved bye and went out the front door. Two black vehicles were outside of Rusty's shack. I felt a cold shiver go over me once Charles stepped out of the second car.

"So this is where you spend your time?" I bit my lip and prayed he didnt do anything reckless. "Clear the place out." he ordered his men, "I know that old bastard is still here..."

The men ran inside and around the back of the place. I approached Charles and damn near slapped him until his hand went around my neck and threw me into the back seat of the truck."You stay there." He slammed the door and I realized that he pulled a gun from his hip. What the hell was he...

No...

I started beating on the window and screaming no over and over again. The men brought Rusty from the back and pinned him to the ground.

"Don't hurt him!!" I yelled but it's not like they could hear me. I couldn't reach the front seat since he decided to upgrade the damn cars and add this fucking window bullshit. I kicked the glass but it just wouldn't budge. I kicked it one good time and it finally busted. I slid out the window but it was too late.

The gunshot had already gone off and blood from Rusty's head was splattered on the ground.

"No..." I ran up to Charles and jumped on his back. I didnt know what to do so I just started hitting him. "Why would you kill him!" I screamed at him.

In one move he grabbed me by my throat and threw me on the ground hard. I could feel my wrist snap and I screamed in pain."Now, look at what you've done. Get her to the house now and clean this up." He ordered his men and walked off. Jamal picked me up and carried me to the car.

"You alright?" I didnt say anything because I was still in shock from what Charles did.

He killed him....for no reason at all. Charles had gotten into the truck and took one good look at my wrist. "What the hell were you doing out here anyway?", he asked me.

I didn't look his way, I just continued to look out the window at Rusty's corpse. I didn't cry because Rusty wouldn't want me to cry plus he did say he wouldn't want me to get all emotion at a time like this. I had to be strong for him.