Chapter 31

Kat POV

The sun was starting to set and I was tucking the little kids into bed. Crissy was sound asleep while Alex was still up. "What's the matter?" I asked her as I pulled the covers up. "Its nothing. "

I kissed her forehead and turned out the light. I fixed my dress and joined Charles at his side. "Ready to go?"

"Of course." We walked outside and got into the limo. He grabbed my arm and pulled out a syringe. The long needle stuck me in the arm and he pushed the fluids into my veins. My mind was clear and filled with joy.

"How do you feel love?"

"I feel amazing."

"Now once we get here, I have a few rules. Dont get too close with any other man, dont speak unless spoken too, and stay away from a woman by the name of DC."

"Alright."

"She will try to rob you of your glorious lifestyle and you shouldn't let her." I grabbed his hand and kissed it. "I won't." The limo came to a stop and the door opened. Flashing lights were everywhere as we walked down the red carpet and into the gala. It was beautiful and was filled with rich men and women. Everyone had on something special and the vibe was just amazing.

"Oh and before I forget." Charles pulled me to the side and placed a tight diamond choker around my neck. It was a bit tight to the point where I kinda couldn't breathe. "Its a shock collar. I can hear everyone you talk to and what you say. If I feel like your getting to close..." A shock flew through my entire body causing me to jump. "I will shock you."

I swallowed hard and kept a smile on my face. We walked around and greeted a few of his friends. I kept the conversations nice and short so I wouldn't get shocked.

We were now dancing on the floor and Charles kept me close. We were swaying to the beat until someone tapped Charles on his shoulder. He turned around and a young man with caramel skin and slick back hair was standing there. The men shook hands and he asked me for a dance.

"Well..."

"Only if it's cool with my best bud here." He glanced back at Charles and he was glaring at me. "Sure."

The man grabbed my hand and spun me around. His hand had landed on my waist and I felt a shock going through my body. "My name is Dallas, how about you miss?"

I thought about whether I should speak or not but Charles did say to talk when spoken to. "Kathy."

"Oh really? It's a very beautiful name for a beautiful woman." I felt myself blushing and got a shock. As the song slowed down, Dallas moved closer into me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Be still and dont make a sound." He whispered into my ear. "Just keep the smile up and sway with me." We swayed until he grabbed a champagne bottle from the waiter and took a sip. He then gave it back to the man and swayed with me some more. I felt something wet go down my neck as he was very close to me.

"I disabled the collar but it wont be long until he notices. Now I'm going to ask you a few questions and I just want you to blink."

I was confused, what did this man mean? I just nodded and waited for him to speak. "What's your real name?"

"My real name is Kathy sir. Kathy Lockett." He backed up and just stared at me. "W-what?"

"Yes. I'm married to Charles. He's my husband and I'm his wife. And we have two beautiful girls." I told him.

"So its kids involved as well? He never takes kids..." he said to himself. "Pardon?"