Chapter 6

Tuesday

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Turn... it... off."

I knew that beeping sound was either my alarm or my sister is annoying. I opened one eye to see Jade all up in my face. Since it caught me off guard, I screamed and fell out of the bed.

"What the freak are you doing?"

"RISE AND SHINE HONEYBUNS! You need to get up and get ready for hell."

I rolled up in my cover and closed my eyes. I'm finna get this sleep and nobody will stop me!

Just then I feel my body being pushed. I open my eyes and Jade is rolling me to the bathroom. This girl gets on my everlasting nerve.

"Just let me sleeppppp."

"No. Now get up."

I didn't move and she pulled me up and snatched the cover away. I rolled my eyes and looked in the mirror. My hair was all puffy and everywhere. I decided to put a headband on and call it a day.

I did my morning routine and went back into my room. Jade was changing clothes. She always left something here. From her shoe to shirt.

Always something.

"KAT YOU BETTA BE UP AND GETTING READY!"

"I am! "

"Me too!"

"Who is that?"

Jade looked at me all shocked. I shrugged and she shook her head.

"She forgot about me??? I'll be downstairs."

"It's not her fault. She doesn't see you as much."

"She finna see me today!"

Jade left my room and I went over to my dresser. I picked out a black tank top and my shorts. I put my clothes on and went into my closet for my red and black plaid shirt and wrapped it around my waist.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. I could smell sausage and grits already. Mamma was always whipping up something.

And I'm not complaining.

My sisters were already eating and Jade was talking to Mamma. I sat down next to Jade and started eating.

"Jade honey...When did you get here?"

"The same night you had this one."

She jabbed me in my side with her elbow. I rolled my eyes and picked up a sausage.

"So Jade is our sister?", Crissy asked from across the table.

"I sure am. See they didn't want us to be together so they sent me with my granny but I'm back."

"Yay!!!"

"Speaking of your granny...how is she?"

"She's... pulling through. She got better and some of her memories are coming back."

I almost forgot that Jade's grandma had got sick. Then to add on to that she lost some of her memories from a stroke. That lady is a true fighter and she can make a pretty good sweet potato pie.

"That's good. She was always a good woman and I can go for some of her pie right now."

"Her pie is the best.", Alex said with a mouthful.

"Alex! What I say about talking wit food in ya mouth?"

I looked at the time and it was 6:45. My bus was finna pull up in 5 minutes!