Chapter 11

My heart was pumping and my mind was racing. I was in this gym with someone in the dark. I took my shoes off so it wouldn't make any noises against the squeaky floor. I slowed down my breathing and decided to tiptoe around.

I didn't hear any sounds so I decided to throw my shoe across the gym. It made a loud sound and the footsteps started up again. I tiptoed the opposite way and made my way towards the locker room door.

I waited...

Seconds felt like hours and I didn't know what to do. I don't know if this person has a gun or any type of weapon. I don't know what to do.

Suddenly, I felt something warm on the back of my neck. My heart stopped and it was like my life was over. I felt something poke me in my neck.

In a quick motion, I smacked the person with my shoe and made a run for the back doors. They wouldn't open for shit.

"Come on! Come on!"

The footsteps got closer and the door finally opened. I ran outside and turned around to look behind me. I backed away from the gym and the wind started to pick up.

Something then gripped my shoulder. I saw the hand and turned around to slap the person.

"LET ME GO!"

"KAT WAIT IT'S ME! CALM DOWN!"

I tried to fight the person off of me but I couldn't get them off until I actually looked up to see Jamal.

"Jamal?"

"Are you ok?"

I looked around and our class was just staring at me. Everyone was outside on the track. I could see Stephanie laughing her head off. You little whore!

"You fucking did this!" I charged towards Stephanie but Jamal grabbed me and I was fighting out of his grip. Suddenly, I put my hand on my neck and got dizzy.

My head started spinning and my legs felt weak. I pushed Jamal back and looked up at him. I almost fell until he caught me.

"Kat? Kat, are you alright?"

"What?"

I fell to my knees and blacked out. I could hear Jamal yelling my name until everything just turned black.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up to a few bright lights in my face. It started to hurt my eyes, so I used my hands to shield it. My vision slowly came back and I realized that I was in the hospital.

It was dark in the hallways and no one was in my room. I took the wires out of my arms and stood up. I walked out of my room to see that I was the only one here.

"Hello?"

No one answered me. Of course, nobody would answer me since I'm by myself. I walked down the hall, looking for a way out. It was so quiet unless you can hear my breathing or my footsteps. I got a weird feeling and picked up my pace.

I turned the corner and saw him again. He was just standing there, watching me. I blinked so many times and he never disappeared. I turned back around to run down the hall but I tripped over some stairs that were never there.

I fell down the steps and felt the most pain I ever felt in my ankle. I grabbed it and it hurt to even touch it. I glanced up and he was coming down the stairs. I tried to crawl away but he reached out to me and grabbed me.