Chapter 5

Crissy started to eat some of her food while Alex was begging for more. I got up and gave Alex some more chicken then I saw lights outside.

I put Alex's plate down and went to the window. I peeped outside and saw an all-black Camaro outside. It wasn't my mother's ride so I didn't know who it was.

Just then there was a knock on the door. I told my sisters to stay still and I grabbed the bat out the closet.

"Who is it?"

No answer.

I raised the bat and opened the door.

The person was turned around and I was finna swing when it turned around. I recognize the person immediately.

It was Jade.

"The hell are you doing?"

"Watch yo mouth."

She looked over my shoulder and waved at my siblings. I put the bat down and let her in. She went straight to the kitchen.

Hungry ass.

"Danggggg y'all has been whipping in this mug! Why you didn't call me?"

"Cuz Kat's a meanie.", Alex stuck her tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes.

" Hi, Crissy! Hi Alex!"

Jade ran to Crissy and Alex, then gave them a hug. I cleaned up a bit while Jade played with my sisters. When I got done cleaning, I plopped down on the couch and Jade sat next to me.

"Girl... I don't see how you do it. I couldn't watch them."

"I manage. Whatchu doing over this way?"

"I was finna invite you to a party but yo hands alright full."

It's Monday and she already tryna go to parties. I'm not even a party person. The only parties I've been to were my sisters. Sad right?

"I still wouldn't go even if I didn't have to watch them. "

Jade sighed, "When are you gonna live life and get out more?"

"When are you gonna stay in and be in the house more? "

"Never."

"Exactly."

I turned back to the tv while Jade went into my sister's room.

~~~~~~~~

I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep. I woke up and the house was dark and cold. I rubbed my arms and shivered a little bit.

I got up and turned on the flash on my phone. I looked around and nobody was here.

"Jade? Crissy? Alex?"

Nobody answered my calls. I went into my sister's room and it was a mess. Toys were everywhere, beds were all jacked up. I turned back and ran into the living room and looked down the hall.

I noticed the front door was open. I ran towards the front door and looked outside.

Across the street was the same man from this morning. Standing there just watching me.

I slammed the door shut and locked it. I backed up and bumped into something. I slowly turned back and saw the man standing before me.

All I know was his hands reached out for me and everything went black.

~~~~~~~

I jumped up out of my sleep and looked around. I was breathing hard and sweating. I ran into their room and looked around.

Their room was clean and they were asleep. I calmed myself then went to the front door. It was locked uptight. I checked every window and the back door.

Everything was locked up. I ran upstairs and went to my room. Jade was sleep in my bed. I grabbed some clothes to sleep in and took a shower.

I got out and push Jade over sum and laid down. I sat there and thought about that dream.

Who is this man?

And what does he want?

I turned to the side and fell asleep.

Stay tuned!