Chapter 35

Charles stood up and glared at me. I didn't look away or back down from the stare-off either. I glared right back at him. "You've been very challenging this past few weeks. As much as I would love to put you back in your place, I have things to handle tomorrow." 

That either means Game Night is tomorrow or he's leaving us with Natalie. Either way, I just hoped the police would cooperate with my request. Right now, I had to get everything ready in a short amount of time. "I would like to fix my bad behavior," I said as soft as I could. He turned around and looked at my feet all the way up to my head. 

"And how would you do that?" I tried really hard to think of other options other than offering myself. I'm pretty sure that's why he brought Natalie back.

I glanced around and noticed the place was rather dusty. Boxes were cluttered in corners and I could see from here, the dirty kitchen was nastier since we've been gone. " My sisters and I could clean up for you." Charles put his hand on his chin and studied me. I could only fake it for so long until he could see through it. "Fine. Clean this place up, I have a few guests stopping by."

"If you don't mind me asking, what's tomorrow?" He pulled his phone from his pocket and sat it on the end table. "Something important." Charles pushed past me and went upstairs. I waited until I didn't hear anymore creaking and rushed over to his phone. 

It was already unlocked and he was texting someone. The conversation said:

C- What time were you stopping by tomorrow to see the items?

Unknown #- Probably 7 or 8. What do you have in stock for this year?

C- 3 doves but one of them is staying with me

Unknown #- You always get to keep the good ones. What am I supposed to do with the others?

C- Whatever you want. What are you bringing in?

Unknown #- I think you will like this one...

Tomorrow wasn't just any other day or his made-up excuse about a game, it was to sell my sisters. I placed his phone down and flew up the steps. I busted into the room to see Charles unchaining my sisters and looking at them as if they were rewards. "W-what are you doing?"

"Just looking. I'm gonna have some clothes delivered here. Grab them and have them ready for tomorrow." The chains dropped to the floor as he brushed past me. I heard the door shut behind me and footsteps leading down the hall. "What's wrong Kat?" Crissy's soft voice asked me.

"Nothing. We have work to do."

"You mean..." Alex started. I met her gaze and nodded my head very slowly. I could see tears forming in her eyes. She grabbed Crissy and wrapped her arms around her. Crissy didn't seem to get what was going on but I knew she would soon. I put my index finger up to my lips and used my fingers to talk.

"We need a plan. From what I know, the house will have people we've never seen before. Any ideas?"  Alex crossed her legs and glanced around the room while Crissy just stared out the cracks of the window. I sat down on the other bed and sighed. 

What did I expect from kids? Of course, I would have to come up with a plan and try to keep everyone safe. The main goal is to get out without anyone getting hurt. I also have to keep my sisters away from whoever Charles is planning to sell them off to. I don't have any clue who this person is so everyone is a suspect. I also can't have my guard down so my top priority is getting my sisters out, even if it means I stay behind.

Even though I don't like the idea of it, I would sacrifice everything for those two. The snapping of fingers brought me back into reality and Alex was signing something to me. "What about chains?"