chapter 39.

AMARA'S P.O.V

Following the great treatment last night I decided to treat him to breakfast. I got the eggs on the counter and the bacon in the pan. While that's steaming I attempt to make his cinnamon bread that he makes for me.

I combine the ingredients and turn the electric beater on. Of course with my luck the bacon starts burning and the beater goes on too fast and the thick paste goes flying everywhere. And the oil falls onto my hand burning me and I'm just left there with tears in my eyes and screaming from the pain. Actual tears prick my eyes.

He comes rushing in with a worried look on his face.

"I'm sorry I made a mess and woke you up" I try to hide my hand away from him.

"What the fuck happened to your hand?".

"Nothing. I'm just a bit sad that I made a mess out of my surprise for you. And this always happens when I try to do something for you" I ramble on but my hand is in actual pain.

"Stop fucking lying to me" his getting angrier the more I lie to him. "Fuck this kitchen and that bullshit, show me your fucking hand now" he commands.

I've never seen him like this. This is a mixture of rage and worry. I hesitantly show him my hand.

"We need to go to the fucking hospital like right now. It's not a deep burn thank goodness, but it's still bad baby. You'll heal and be completely fine after, it just splashed on you didn't it babe?" His expression changed from worry to anger then from anger to compassion and sadness.

"Why are you crying?" I ask him genuinely curious as he wraps my hand in burn heal.

"Because you're hurt and you're crying and I was so worried and I'm relieved but still worried and..." I grab his hair and pull his mouth to mine. I know this is no time to he kissing but this man cried actual tears in front of me, because I got hurt.

"Why are you so perfect" I say rather than ask.

"I'm not but shut up with that and let's go".

He rushes around grabbing things. Like a set of underwear and clothes for me. They're packed neatly into a bag followed by my slippers and pads. Then he throws in a toothbrush and the toothpaste and money. I doubt that I'd have to stay over night but it's so heart warming to see someons worry about me like this.

It's moments like this when I realise, listening to my dumb freinds was worth it, because it led to me marrying this guy. Even if they don't talk to me anymore, they did more for my life than most, excluding my husband of course.

"Are you done now" I sarcastically say and fight the urge to scream. My hand is in fucking flames right now.

"I'm glad you think it's amusing" there his back to being pissed off. He has never been this pissed off with me before.

I get up and follow him, still clenching my hand. The pain is unbearable at this point and I try to fight back my urges to scream but they leave my mouth as soon as we jump in the car.

"Get the fuck out the way you fat fucking hotdog stuffing over weight piece of shit" I flinch at his words. I have never seen this side of him. Cursing at people. He is honestly scaring me. I get that he used to be a bad boy but I never imagined that he was this bad.

"Your fucking twat of an asshole, drive your fucking car" he swears another cab driver.

The hospital isn't even remotely close to us right now.

"Listen here you fucking donkey looking mother fucker. I'm trying to fucking get passed you bitches you little shit. I'll fucking kill you if you don't move" his got tears in his eyes again. And that because I'm flinching my hand closer to my body as each second goes. My teeth start grinding. Oil burns are no joke.