chapter 24.

"How do you know your way around my kitchen better than I do" she asks me.

"Well I make it my job to familiarize myself with all things you" a bit cheesy I'd say.

"Well I do like that about you" she admits.

"You like almost everything about me" I tease her.

"Let's just go sleep now" she drags us both off to bed.

"I'd love to Amara, but I need to go back to my place now" I also need that little time to myself.

"Well okay then" she doesn't seem sad at all, she's so understanding.

I give her a small kiss and walk out her apartment.

If you asked me who would I want to be just a few months ago, I'd say an engineer but now I just want to be who she wants me to be.

I really feel like this time it's going to work. I push the key into my lock and turn it. The lock opens with a click and I let out a sigh. I am so exhausted i might just crash this time.

I was right, I didn't even unpack or anything I just touched the bed and boom I was out.

The next morning i slipped on sweat pants at 5 in the morning and made a stop at a Starbucks. I got my self a biscuit the coffee here isn't as strong as when I make my own. I only came here to get Amara something, I'll just get her this caramel thing, the lady at the desk insisted she'd like it and so I decided to trust her.

I can't stop the smile on my face now that I finally have my car again.

I place the coffee in the makeshift holder and take off to Amara's apartment.

She's right the good thing about New York is everything is in close proximity.

I internally apologised to all the people, this Impala makes a noise I won't lie.

I turn of the car and walk up the steps to get to her door. I knock and wait, I know she's up.

"I'm coming" she sounds worried.

As soon as the door opens I see her tears.

"Baby what happened" I ask her.

"Nothing I just found his small boot" she holds up a small baby shoe. My heart tugs for her.

"Hey it's okay" I grab her tight and kiss her forehead. It may seem like she's constantly worked up over this loss, but you don't understand what it's like.

I stand with her in my arms for a few minutes. She wipes her eyes and smiles up at me.

"Is that for me?" She whispers.

"Of course" I hand her the cup and she looks at my biscuit thing. I give it to her and she smiles.

"So why the coffee" she asks curiously.

"I needed an excuse to drive my car" I laugh.

"Well I'm moody today because like it's my time you know".

"You mean you're on your period" no idea why she couldn't just say that.

"Well yeah, sorry I keep forgetting you're different I had a bad experience with some guy when i tried to tell him about my period" her and her bad choice in men, I roll my eyes "You know you're like my third serious girlfriend" I admit.

"Third times the charm" she smiles.

She's so playful, I might call Mr.Waters and tell him she broke her leg, even though he doesn't know about us, but I just want to hold her and tickle her and pillow fight her in bed. I'll serve on her every need if she stays this playful.