chapter 6.

I'm early for class the following day, we skipped the usual morning meeting at the office. I'm at the back of the class, just where I was before with Everly. From the corner of my eye I notice her walk in.

"How'd you get here before me ?"

"I walked early" I think back to the morning dew slowly cutting away and the chirps of the birds.

"You could've just waited for me" she falls into the chair next to me and sighs. "I'm so tired" she looks at me and I notice the rings around her eyes. She was partying, it's obvious on her. She can't hide it.

"Sleep" I suggest and she nods as she rest her head on her hand.

A few minuets into the lesson and her breathing patterns change. She's asleep now.

I take down notes for the both of us.
By the end of the lesson she's up and fidgeting. Her leg is shaking up and down and she can't sit still.

At first I thought she was on CAT but then I realized she's cold and trying to keep warm.

"Here" I hand her my jacket. She takes it with a small smile. When she slides her hands in the sleeves she looks like a kid wrapped up in a blanket. She's not that petite but she is quite short built. I'd compare her to Tinkerbell.
Except green would not look good on her.

The lesson was finally over and we made our way to the next class. Everly yawning the whole way.

She yawned through the whole lesson. She really distracted me with her movements to keep herself awake. From bouncing her leg up and down to picking at the corner of a page. It was clear, her mind was all over the place. I know that feeling. It happened to me, when you don't have enough sleep and feel your body crashing. You fidget so much more to distract yourself and try to stay awake.

"Just sleep on my shoulder, dammit" I look at her waiting for her to do so. She nods and leans her head on my shoulder and a few minutes later her body starts generating small hushed breaths.

I don't mind her sleeping on my shoulder really, there is no romantic background behind it and there's that 'bruh' vibe between us.

A whole nap later and then the lesson ends. I wake Everly up and watch her rub her eyes like a kid does.

"Are you going to be okay to drive back on your death trap?" I'm only asking the obvious question here.

"Yeah I'll be fine" she looks back at me and her eyes are bloodshot.

"Everly what did you do?".

"Late night, I told you" she scratches her nose and rubs her eyes.

"What did you take?" I ask again, clarifying the question if she never got it already.

"Crystal" she admits, but I dont think she meant to.

"No Everly, why did you do that now?".

"Look just drop it".

I nod and watch her stumble as she tries to walk away.

I pull her body to mine and snake my hand around her waist. Like I said firstly I'm pretty sure she's attracted to women and secondly I had to help her or she would've fallen over.

"Just walk a little bit more they're going to drop my car off at the airport. I need to take a cab to get it and you're in no condition to go home so you're coming with me".

"No Tyler, I can go home myself, I'm fine".

"You're not fucking fine. Shut the fuck up and walk with me" I shock myself more than her. Not because i care about her but because I'm trying not to be that demanding anymore.