chapter 22.

"You could've been hurt" she says again.

I laugh at her and she rolls her eyes at me. "I'm serious Tyler" she still has tears in her eyes.

I cup her face in my hands "I'm okay" I kiss her and she nods. "I'm sorry I shouted at you" she sips on the water. "I just don't want to lose you too" she admits. I knew that already. I know her.

"I know baby. You won't".

"You know I was lucky. look at your sister, she need a bandage and Lynnea's going to need some serious therapy after this" Amara reminds me.

I kiss her and as if she already knew what I was thinking she gets up and drags me along to see my sister and Lynnea.

"You okay lexy" I ask her first. I'm sorry but my sister comes first, even back in there when Nicholas said go to her. My eyes were plastered to lexy's arm before I even went to Amara.

"I'm fine" she looks high.

"Painkillers?" I ask the young paramedic gawking at Amara.

"Yeah" I smile at her.

"And you Lynnea, are you okay".

"I'm okay Tyler" she says with full tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry I called you, I didn't know who else to call when he started actin out, his so so evil" I kind of miss that SO SO- in front of everything.

"It's fine, I'm glad I could help you" I look at her and she starts crying again.

"Maybe you two should talk" Amara pulls lexy out the ambulance.

I turn to look outside and watch as Dr.Blaire and Nicholas are giving the police their statements.

"Come here" I tell Lynnea as I hug her. She needs me in this moment and I'll be here for her. But strictly as a freind.

"I can't believe he would do that to me, he was never so bad but after you left town he changed. He kept on thinking I was sad now because you left and that I regretted being with him, and that made him full of hatred" she shouldn't have to live with this.

"Hey it's okay, we both know you loved him and it isn't your fault his like this, this is all him not you".

"But Tyler he was right, I did regret being with him, I regretted everything. From that day I walked down the aisle to him I knew it was over between us for good. And that made me realise I never wanted to be with him, it was just the excitement that made it fun, and then I fell pregnant. I was blinded by the adrenaline rush that came with not being caught by you, that made me think I loved him, but in reality I realised it was you, you were the one for me" I'm shocked at her revelation that I actually let go of her and step back.

"You can't speak like that Lynnea, I'm with Amara now and it's wrong to even talk about how we used to be. I'm sorry I can't do this" I walk out of the ambulance, I hear her cries but I don't really care right now.

As i step out the back i notice a figure leaning against the side of the ambulance. It's Amara.

"So that was sincere, are you going to take her back? I mean it's okay if you do, I know how you felt for her and you should be with someone like her not someone that's just using you as a distraction" she turns to walk away but I grab her hand and pull her to me.

"Using me as a distraction? I don't think you're doing that anymore" I call out her lie. "And I'm not going anywhere".

"How do you do that, how do you just know what to say to me? " she hugs me.

"I just say what I feel" I really do, there's no reading her moves, her thoughts, her face, there's no thinking what to say based on how would she react, being with her is just natural like that. "I sometimes think I was meant to find you" I admit. I think back to the first time I saw her, it really wasn't a love at first sight, I got to know her, the simple things, the fact that she doesn't back down from a fight, the fact she's so intimate with her sexual side. There's the obvious facts that she's smoking hot, and older than I am, you see the appeal? But simple things made me want more than just a fuck buddy. How comfortable she was around me, how up until today she's the first women to actually make me want more for all females. How simple she is, how much she values her self.