chapter 4.

"Which way to Amara's office ?" I ask the lady at the front desk. She hesitates.

"I'm the same guy that dropped the macaroni a couple minutes ago " I look at her.

"Okay, well then take the hallway to the left once you go up those stairs". I nod and say a soft thank you before going up the steps.

I was about to get lost again when I hear the clicking of heels behind me.

"I was just looking for you" I say before I turn around and when I do turn around I learn that it isnt Amara but the evil lady from yesterday.

"Sorry" I tell her and walk down the correct hallway. I read the name on the door. "A.RENNY" this has to be her. I knock on the frosted glass and wait for her reply.

She opens the door and her appearance changed yet again. She has no shoes on now and her hair is in a pony tail.

"I'm sorry" I blurt out and turn on my heels to walk away. She will never understand the amount of pride I had to kick to the curb to say that to her.

"As am I" she calls after me and I stop to face her. A small smile is tugging at her lips. "Maybe I shouldn't have yelled at you".

I wasn't expecting that. Not that she's bitchy, I just knew that what happened was on me.

I nod my head and walk away.

When i check the time I realize I need to call Peyton. I dail her but it goes to voicemail. I tried at least twice more but both times it went to voicemail. I held my end and she will call me when she's free. With that I pull out my books and go over a few more activities before I sleep.

I let myself try and sleep but like most of the nights lately I can't.

I decide to get up and go for a walk. The time and cold breeze decides against that.

I need to get a t.v or something to entertain myself in times like this.

My eyes flutter open and my body is sore from the small, brick couch under me.

I have enough time to actually get ready on time. I take time with my hair, I don't remember the last time I did that. I conditioned it and blow dried it. My curls set like twirls.

I look up at the small numbers on my digital clock, radio thing and realize I have so much time left before I have to go to the office.

I decide to take myself up on that walk. Step, step, step and one more before I'm finally down and by the garden.

From the corner of my eye I notice a flash of white. A flag, or scarf I think.

It's another intern. Sienna I remember mr. Waters calling her.

I walk past Sienna and feel her eyes follow me. She's watching me as i step out of the garden area and into the trees behind the buildings.

Once I escape her pherphial vision I calm down and ask myself the question I should have asked some time ago. Why was she watching me like that?

What a weird girl. I shake her out my mind and continue to walk past more trees before I come to a metal meshed fencing. I watch the tress span beyond this border and drift into a comfort. The feeling of fimilarity is easing my tense mind.

In my mind I'm watching the darkness with lexy beside me from the car windows while my dad and mom held each other under the stars. That's what I want one day. A realationship like they had.

My phone buzzes and I'm slapped out of my daze.

I walk into the office boardroom and wait on Mr. Waters. The rude boy from yesterday is sitting beside that Sienna girl. She looks at me again and I look away. I don't know what's up with her but I need to find out pretty soon.

Amara walks in five minutes into my waiting and sets a brown folder on the table. She shifts her weight up on to the table and crosses her legs. She's wearing a formal pants with stripes on them. Her shoes are pointed at the front.

I've never understood the design behind them. After sitting and staring at her like a stalker I build up the courage to converse with her.

I step slowly, careful not to draw to much attention to myself.

"Hey" she smiles at me. Her smile is so beautiful and she looks like a child when she smiles.

"Hi" I return her smile. I stand next to her in silence and think about why I have nothing to say to her. My mind is blank I have no snarty remark or comment. "She's always looking at me" I point out how Sienna is still staring at me.

"I didn't see it. Maybe it's all in your head and you expect everything to revolve around you" i tensed up. She's right in a way. I'm like Elena I tend to make everything about myself.

When I turn to face Amara , shes got this devilish smile and her eyes are crinkled. She's just joking. I ease up a little but I don't completely rule out that she could be right.

"Bitches!" My wild friend enters the room. I laugh at her.

"Did you laugh at her? It is not funny for a girl, especially one of her stature to project such ill mannerisms and it is even more wrong that she behaves so, in the place of her fathers highest esteem".

Did Amara just go all sass on me?

"You should really consider reading a book from cover to cover before you make up conclusions about it".

I walk away, because I know a little while longer and I would have said something that wouldn't be right. I know what I'm about to say is sexist but it's just like women to assume that they know everything going on in another person's head.

"Hey Everly".

"Ouuu Tyler" her lips catch my attention when she goes 'ouuu' I follow her eyes back to Amara and fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Nothing is going on, hold off with all that. I guess I was just rude to her yesterday and I'm kind of making up for it".

"What happened?".

"That's going to have to wait Everly, here's your dad". I watch mr. Waters walk to the front and I watch how his eyes rake over Amara, he makes no effort to make it subtle and for a second my smirk wavers, does Everly know about this?

I guess I'm left wondering because that's not something I should jump into with anyone. Mr. Waters is much older than Amara and from what I know from the few moments with her, it is safe to say that she is not a cliched personal assistant or secratary at all.

A million questions swirl in my mind at that thought. Why does she work here. I feel like this is some Caitlyn or lynnea type of vibe all over again.

That can not happen. What am I doing, I'm supposed to be paying attention. Instead I'm day dreaming. If being able to day dream the most was a world record, I would be the holder by now.