[19]「Little Miss Perfect」

After dealing with Willow's friends yesterday and that abomination is known as the Bat Queen. Sophia stood properly in Emperor Belos' Chambers in silence with her head up high to show some sort of respect. Lilith informed her that Emperor Belos requested her presence in his chambers to discuss certain things with her. Something that Sophia wasn't looking forward to, mostly being that she was still exhausted from yesterday. However, she understood that she couldn't decline Emperor Belos. And she wouldn't anyway. After all, Emperor Belos has done a lot of things for her, one being that he brought her in and taught her everything she needed to know to become the best Witch. So, she wouldn't dare to complain about whatever her mentor would inform her to do. She just hopes it wasn't dealing with Lilith or Kikimora. That's the only thing.

Emperor Belos tapped his fingers down upon the arm of his chair. "Always trying so hard to be perfect, Pequeño Mija."

His comment made Sophia feel proud of herself. Of course, she always knew how much of a perfectionist he is. Everything needs to be "perfect" in his eyes. It's quite a shame he didn't feel the same way about Lilith.

"Anything less than perfect is unacceptable," Sophia says, repeating the words he had said to her so many times before.

"That's right, Pequeño Mija" Belos chuckles lightly. "Now, I have a certain task for you to attend soon. It'll prove to me that you'll no longer need Lilith's or Kikimora's help. After all, the emperor Coven will require a new leader once my time is done. But, the real question is; are you the same Pequeño Mija I've brought in when you were only eight years old? Or are you the perfect witch that you claim to be? I tend to find out soon, Pequeño Mija...Remember, anything less than perfect is unacceptable."

She nods her head gently before she bowed down as she usually does when in the presence of her mentor. "I shall not fail you, Emperor Belos."

This was the time for Sophia to show her mentor, Emperor Belos that she is not some student anymore but a mature witch that has grown into perfectness like he always wanted her to. And wouldn't allow anything or anyone to stand in her way with whatever task is given to her. Sophia lifted her head, meeting her mentor's gaze that only brought a bit of nervousness within her. She couldn't fail him or whatever task. She could only imagine what would happen if she did fail this task. What would her mentor think of her? What would he say? The possibilities are endless and she didn't want to be at the end of failing. Not now or ever.

Eventually, after an hour, Sophia exited Emperor Belos' room only to be greeted by Lilith standing a few feet away from the door and her with a questionable expression.

"Lilith?" Sophia questioned, arching her eyebrow. "What are you doing here?"

Lilith let out a small nervous chuckle, taking a few steps towards Sophia. "I'm here for you, Sophia. Thought you'd be in trouble with Emperor Belos again."

"Well, I'm fine." Replied Sophia, rolling her eyes as she pushed past Lilith, clearly annoyed. She always hated when Lilith would try to invade her business with someone, especially Emperor Belos. She wasn't a child anymore that would get in trouble as she used to. She just wanted Lilith to see that and stop treating her like a baby. "...And it's none of your business, Lilith."

"You know --" Lilith begins, stopping Sophia in her tracks. Both facing away from one another. Sophia looking over her shoulder while Lilith lowered her head. "-- I know you hate me or despise me for what I've done to you throughout the years but it wasn't always like this, Sophia. It was different until Kikimora took you away. You were my student but things didn't work out. Emperor Belos thought it would've been better for Kikimora to train you instead of me. I knew Kikimora would do anything to fill your head with lies about me to make you hate me. It worked but I've been trying to make you see the real me when you were my student."