[4]「Hexside and Blights」

Sophia scanned her eyes through the spellbook that laid on her desk in front of her, reading it like the others in the class. She knew half of these spells already learning them from Kikimora teaching her daily. So, this was nothing new to her but she kept reading anyway so she wouldn't forget the simple spells.

Simple spells were always an achievement for her when growing up, mostly because it told her that if she can do any of these simple spells then what else can she do? How many spells can she learn? These simple spells didn't just push her forward but gave her motivation along the way to continue to become the best Witch just not in the Emperor's coven but also, in Boiling Isles. Better than Lilith and the famous known Owl Lady.

"Psst.."

Sophia was pulled from her deep thoughts, lifting her head from the book and turning her attention onto the Blight beside her, Emira Blight who gave an innocent smile towards the teen human Witch.

"Having trouble again with reading?" Emira teased, only earning a playful eye roll from the teen human Witch.

"No," said Sophia. "If you must know, I already learned all these spells."

Emira leaned back in her chair, raising her eyebrow playfully. "Oh, you did?"

"Yes, miss Blight. I did." Sophia states as she rests her chin in her right hand, staring at the Blight with a small smile.

"You know, I still want to ask you something, Sophia," Replied Emira, as she looked away from Sophia's gaze.

"And what's that?" Sophia asked, clearly not knowing a few days ago that Emira wanted to ask about something to her.

"I-" She begins, before sighing. "It's just that I wanted to ask you if you have-"

The bell above us rings, interrupting us before we can discuss it any further.

"Finally. Class is over." Sophia says, flatly.

Everyone begins to get up from their seats, leaving Emira to let out a sign, before standing up from her chair and grabbing her books off of her desk.

Soon, Edric walks up beside her, placing his hand on her right shoulder, giving off that Blight smile. "So" Edric begins. "Did you ask Sophia yet?"

Emira growls lightly, pushing his face away from her. "No. Every time I try, we always get interrupted by everything."

"Ah, don't worry, Sis," Edric says, placing his arm playfully around her shoulder. "You'll find the right time to ask her, just be patient."

Emira looks away, sighing. "Yeah, Hopefully..."

*

After school, Sophia, and Emira were in the gymnasium stretching in their matching uniforms for cheer practice. Of course, Emira still was bothered by not being able to ask Sophia something important but she attempted to focus on cheer practice to ignore it.

Sophia leaned up, breathing heavily, brushing her hands through her brown chocolate hair, feeling already exhausted. She grabbed her bottle of water and started chugging some down.

"You do magic but can't even exercise?" Emira asked, teasing a little, as she stood up from the ground.

Sophia pulled her bottle of water away, turning to face Emira, only getting a cheeky smirk. "Hilarious, Blight. But I'm still a human after all." Replied Sophia, as she flicked some water at her. "Isn't Witches suppose to burn?"