[24]「Mystery Sister」

The following day, Luz and Eda went to Hexside for Luz's first exam that would enroll her into Hexside, depending on if she were to complete this exam with her paper magic.

Luz and Eda stood at the stairs where it would lead up to the stage. Luz stared up at the stage as she twiddles her fingers, feeling nervous and unprepared for this.

"I'm not ready for this Eda, maybe we should go back." Luz says, turning around and meeting eyes with Eda Clawthorn, her mentor, her teacher that helped her achieve one of her spells.

"Nah Kid, You got this, just do what we practiced!" Eda reassured her with a smile as she kneeled to Luz's level.

"But what if I mess something up? Or what if I do something wrong? What if I die?" Luz shot questions repeatedly, feeling more nervous even now.

"Hey. Calm down, calm down." Eda cuts in, stopping Luz from asking any more questions. "I had to do the same thing when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage. Granted, I was a little more skilled."

"Eda!"

"Right, right. Sorry, sorry." Eda apologized, then focused her attention back on what mattered. "Now, get pumped."

"Pumped!"

"Get ready." Eda continued

"Ready!"

"Now, go!" Eda pushes Luz onto the stage, reading "Hexside School Entrance Exams"

Luz breathed heavily then proceeded onto the stage in the middle and stopped as she faced the principal known as "Principal Bump" who was going to exam her today.

"From the humblest of beginnings, a hero will rise. I have traveled from another realm and trained with a powerful witch to master dark and forbidden magic. I am... Luz Noceda!" Luz introduces herself as she pulls confetti out of her pockets and throws it towards the front of the stage with a smile.

"Right...The Human that wants to be a witch." Principal Bump says, observing his clipboard before his eyes brow raises, then he lifts his head at Luz. "Wait...Your last name is Noceda?"

"Um...Yes" Luz answered, confused. "Why?"

"Well, I didn't know Emperor Sophia had a sister." Principal Bump replied, growing interested to see what Emperor Sophia's sister can do like her.

"W-What?" Luz questioned as she scratched her head, growing more confused. "I-I don't have a sister. Well, I did but she passed away."

Principal Bump leaned back in his chair and arched his eyebrow, staring at the girl, then picking up his clipboard and reading her name again that he had written down to not forget.

"Hmmm...." Principal Bump hummed lightly as he read Luz's last name again, closely. "Your last name is indeed Noceda, correct?"

"Uh, correct." Luz answered

Putting down his clipboard, Principal Bump lifted his head and stared at the girl, not knowing if she was playing a game with him or being serious. But, he knew that his star student's last name was Noceda as well and this was usual for him.

"Well, we'll talk about this later and get to the bottom of this." Principal Bump informs, crossing his arms as his eyes glared up at the girl. "Now, I've allowed you to take this exam into Hexside. But can you even do magic with all your...human parts?"

"I sure can!" Luz beamed with joy as she attempted to change the subject about what just happened, even though she was a little curious to hear more but she just put her focus on her exam. "It's said that humans can't do magic, but I've discovered a lost technique that changes everything."