[Final] 「Agony of a witch」

Once both witches reach the massive doors to Belos' chambers, she shared a look with the elder witch known as “Lilith” sighed before brushing out the leaves from her hair, not wishing to enter looking like a wreck in front of her leader, Emperor Belos.

“Just allow me to do the talking Lilith.” Sophia voiced, shifting her head back to the massive door as she inhales softly, then placing her hands against the cold massive door. “Unlike others, he isn't harsh with me.”

And with that, the Noceda girl pushes the door opens to a point where both could enter the chambers while the human girl who trailed behind them, moves up to the massive door where both witches entered to peek through the keyhole and spy on the conversation.

Inside is the massive throne room. A beating green heart, far larger than would belong in any current living creature, is hooked up to pipes above the golden throne, which is flanked with flaming braziers. Various guards are standing around the room, one with a mask resembling an owl standing directly behind the throne. Belos himself is sitting on the throne, his head in his hand. Lilith and Sophia approach the throne and kneels, both showing respect to their master, their leader.

“I am at your service, Emperor Belos,” Lilith says as the Noceda girl sighed, before standing up from the floor, along with Lilith. Both their gaze focusing on Emperor Belos and nothing else.

Breathing heavily, Belos stared at both witches as a guard brings a palisman on a tray to him, which he shifted his attention away and onto the tray. “Just a moment, Lilith.”

Emperor Belos takes the palisman. He sinks his finger guards into the palisman's neck, dragging a line and breaking its head off. Glowing green goop falls out of the palisman, which Emperor Belos pours into the eyeholes of his mask. His eyes, unseen before, flash a glowing green.

“Ah, that's better,” Belos spoke, as he leaned back in his throne, eyeing the elder witch. “I heard you attempted a raid this morning.”

“Yes, but we were--”

“Unsuccessful?” Belos cuts her off, which earned a head shake from the Noceda girl, even though she already knew about Lilith failing but it was still rather disappointing to hear. “That was obvious enough. It's been over a month since you promised to bring me the Owl Lady. Well, where is she?”

“If I just had more time, I--”

“I'm getting bored of your excuses, Lilith.” Belos cuts in again, leaning forward in his chair as the Noceda witch eyed Lilith in the corner of her eye, growing a bit concerned for the elder witch. “Don't worry, I'll give you the time you need. Bring the Owl Lady to me by twilight. She'll join the Emperor's Coven and in return, I'll heal her little curse. But, if you fail...”

nails dig into his throne, heart above the throne beats faster, causing the elder noceda girl to step forward and an attempt to calm down Emperor Belos which surprisingly works for a moment. Belos leans back in his throne, exhaling lightly before shifting his attention back onto Lilith.

“you will be stripped of your rank and banished from my coven. You do know what happens to covenless, don't you?” Belos questioned, Lilith looks over at the same mural the students saw in the hall. Screams overlay the scene; the witches depicted aren't celebrating his power, they're begging for mercy. 

“ I-- I understand. I will not fail.”

“Oh, I know you won't because this time my daughter will be assisting you,” Belos informs, causing Lilith to choke a little by his words while the Noceda girl stepped forward and bowed in respect for the task that has been given to her.