[6] 「Witches Covention」

Sophia's reflection in the mirror stares back at her as she scrutinizes her appearance. As usual, she wasn't quite a hundred percent with today but the teen human witch couldn't avoid today at all, for she had to accompany the fellow Witch that only brought anger within her at certain times.

"Are you ready?" A voice called out from behind her.

Sophia turned her head a little, focusing her attention as she stared in the mirror, seeing the same Witch that would anger sometimes, standing at her door wearing the Emperor Coven outfit that was needed for today to represent the Coven.

"I will be soon, Lilith," replied Sophia, giving a small fake smile. "Just give me some time and I'll be out."

The Emperor Coven Witch gently nodded her head in response, before walking away from the door, her dark gray laced boots hitting the floor, getting further each step. Once, the elder Witch couldn't be heard anymore, Sophia stared back into the mirror, attempting to give off a smile but only disappearing from her face as she felt a bit emotional but she attempted to push it away for today. She knew she couldn't be emotional today, especially when she has a task to keep an eye on the elder Witch known as Lilith, just in case if the Owl Lady were to show up. She needed to be ready instead of her emotions about something that's not important.

"I don't know." Sophia sighed, lowering her head. "What is wrong with me today?"

Sophia let out a forced chuckle, trying her best to avoid any of her emotions. She just wanted to get this day over with before it even begins. Sophia lifts her head, looking back into the mirror, seeing some tears slowly roll down her cheeks, but she quickly wipes them away, sniffling a bit.

"I'm such a mess." Sophia gently chuckled, rolling her eyes before she grabbed her stones that would produce her magic and placed it in her bag, she then headed out of her room and down the hall towards where the elder Witch was currently at with her student, Amity Blight.

Soon, after walking for quite some time, the teen human Witch reached both of them, earning some stares from them once they noticed her approaching them.

"Hey," said Amity, arching her eyebrow a bit at the teen human witch. "Everything alright?"

"Huh?" Sophia replied, confused. "What do you mean, Blight?"

"You look like you've been crying. Everything alright?" Amity asked, concern laced in her voice a bit, which Lilith raised an eyebrow towards the teen human Witch.

"That?" Sophia asked rhetorically, playfully waving it off. "It's nothing. Just tired that's all. Didn't get much sleep."

Sophia pulls up her hood, pushing past both of the Witches, and started walking outside, attempting to avoid any more questions from both of them. She couldn't let Amity, especially Lilith know that she was crying about something that wasn't important at the moment. She just wanted to forget it and never think about it again. The best way to avoid it was just push through this day, this wretched day that Sophia dreaded so much...

Meanwhile on the other side of Boiling Isles

"Luz!" Gus shouted out, running up to Eda's shop. "Something amazing is happening today!"

"Gus, Willow! Hey!" Replied Luz, giving off a welcoming smile.

"It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one. There's even a mystery guest this year!" Willow announced, making Luz grow excited.

"A job fair for witches!" Luz beamed with excitement, turning towards Eda. "Eda, can we go?"

"Absolutely not," said Eda, only causing Luz to groan heavily. "I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be part of a crooked system."